Intelligence Bureau current affairs questions August 2012 Intelligence Bureau previous years solved question papers
1. Who is appointed as Chief economic advisor in the finance ministry department of India?
2. Who replaces Keshub Mahindra as Chairman of Mahindra and Mahindra?
3. Which Indian state will set up Common Bio-Medical Waste Treatment Disposal Facility to manage and handle bio medical waste of government and private hospitals in all of its districts?
4. Who will be appointed as chairman of Barclays from 1st November 2012 succeeding Marcus Aguis?
5. Name the provision introduced by government through Banking Laws (Amendment) Bill, 2011 to take over unclaimed amount of inoperative fixed deposit accounts of over 10 years ?
Depositor Education and Awareness Fund
6. What is the current rank of Saina Nehwal globally after winning bronze medal at Olympics 2012?
7. Name the public sector undertaking oil company which posted a quarterly loss of Rs.22,451 crore for April-June 2012 quarter.
Indian Oil Corporation (IOC)
8. Where was the 15th Confederation of Indian industry insurance summit held?
9. Name the former Maharashtra Health Minister who died recently.
10. How is Dubbed Gauss known in technology world?
A virus capable of spying on financial transactions, email and social networking
11. Who is appointed as Prime Minister of Syria?
12. Name the institute which will be setup to manage land records in India ?
National Institute of Land Management
13. Where was the 4th North East Cultural Festival held in India?
Naharlagun near Itanagar
14. Where was the World Tribal Day observed in India?
15. Name the Gujarati Sahitya Akademi award winner of 2005 who died recently.
16. Which weather pattern can cause widespread drought in Australia, parts of Africa, Southeast Asia and India?
17. Who is appointed as Chief Finance Officer of Cairn India?
18. Expand ETA. (Hint: Transactions)
Electronic Transactions Association
19. Which Indian state could lead to zero-population growth rate in 25 to 30 years according to its State Urbanisation Report?
20. Who is elected as interim president of Libya?
21. Which drink in India is suggested by Parliament panel to be declared as National drink?
22. Name the Indian bronze medalist who won the 60kg wrestling competition at the London Olympics 2012?
23. What is the newly set radius of distance from the existing ones between mobile towers as per DoT norms?
24. Name the team who won their 2nd consecutive Olympic hockey gold?
25. Name the Libyan army general who was shot dead recently.
Mohammed Hadiya Al-Feitouri
26. What is the total amount finalised for Delhi’s Annual Plan 2012-13?
27. Who won silver medal for India in the final of the Men’s 66kg Freestyle wrestling at the Olympics 2012?
28. Name the German bank which is in its final stage to launch trading hub in Tokyo.
29. Who is appointed as Prime Minister David Cameron’s Olympic legacy ambassador?
30. How many stocks in BSE will be shifted to (trade-to-trade)T segment with effect from August 21st 2012?
31. Which Indian state has been selected as a pilot state for launching e-Biz (Government to Business) project?
32. SEBI recently allowed which instrument as valid address proof investors?
33. Expand NGN. (Hint: Network)
Next Generation Network
34. Name the Ex-Maharashtra Chief minister who died recently.
35. Who is appointed as Managing Director of Tata Motors?
Karl Slym (To lead operations from 1st October 2012)
36. Who is appointed as Prime Minister of Mongolia?
37. Who displayed Indian tri-color flag on the occasion of Independence Day and wished the country on board from International Space Station?
38. Who became India’s 3rd Prime Minister to hoist National flag at Red Fort for the 9th time?
Dr. Manmohan Singh
39. Which stock exchange opened its day with the colours of the Indian flag as Consul General Prabhu Dayal rang the opening bell celebrating India’s 66th Independence Day?
40. Who is named as president and CEO of New York Times?
Mark Thompson (Ex-Director General BBC)
41. Expand CCP. (Hint: collection)
Cheque Collection Policies
42. Expand IFFCO. (Hint: farmers)
Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Limited
43. Expand MMR. (Hint: Mortality)
Maternal Mortality Rate
44. Which country will host 2016 Olympic Games?
Rio de Janerio, Brazil
45. Name the director of the movie ‘Bandit Queen’ who passed away.
46. What is Geophagy?
Geophagy is a practice of eating earthy or soil like substances such as clay and chalk.
47. What is a water clock?
Clocks which don’t rely upon sunlight to show time, they operate by dripping water from containers at measured intervals.
48. What is an atomic clock?
An atomic clock uses measurements of energy released from atoms to precisely measure time.
49. Which Indian state received Rs.1355 crore from NABARD for construction of roads in rural areas recently?
50. Which scheme is Government of India planning to launch by August 15th 2012 aiming to boost retail investments in the capital market?
Rajiv Gandhi equity scheme
51. TCS recently topped which company to become India’s most valued company with its market capitalisation of over Rs.2.38 lakh crore?
52. Which sporting event’s opening ceremony was held in London recently?
30th Olympics (Summer Olympics 2012)
53. Recently World Bank granted what worth of loan to Himachal Pradesh for green development?
$200 million (Rs.1,000 crore)
54. Which 3 Indian states could be in trouble as the water level at Bhakra reservoir drops and also impact next Rabi crop, wheat?
Haryana, Punjab and Rajasthan
55. Who is set to head as 14th Finance Commission personnel in India?
Yaga Venugopal Reddy
56. Name the deadly virus which has killed 13 people in Uganda recently.
57. Which airways will fly daily flight from Mumbai to Johannesburg route from October 2012?
South African Airways
58. Which airport is planned in Meham of Haryana state?
59. Which finance company is hit by RBI’s gold loan cap?
60. Expand LTV. (Hint: loan)
61. Which country won rights to mine under Indian Ocean recently?
62. Who is elected as the President for Andhra Pradesh Film Chamber of Commerce for the year 2012-13?
63. Which Indian state bagged best heritage tourism award at the 3-day India Tourism Mart held at Bangalore recently?
64. Who won the first medal (Bronze) for India at the London Olympics 2012?
65. Which country will host the 10th International Junior Science Olympiads?
66. Which Indian state will provide Rs.140 crore package to tackle drought situation?
67. Name the Padma Bhushan, Kalidas Puraskar and Kalaimamani award recipient, Kuchipudi dancer who passed away recently?
Vempati Chinna Satyam
68. Who is appointed as India Chief Executive by Deutsche bank?
69. Expand ESI. (Hint: Sentiment)
Economic Sentiment Indicator
70. What is the extended date for e-filling of tax returns in India?
August 31st 2012
71. Which company will sponsor all Indian medal winners of 2012 London Olympics for the 2016 Rio De Janerio Olympics?
Steel Authority of India
1. Signals that involve human communications are generally :
b) Analog (Ans)
c) Either digital or analog
d) None of these
2. A large sized network is termed as :
b) WAN (Ans)
3. Spot the odd one amongst the following :
a) BASIC (Ans)
4. Personal computers can be connected together to form a :
b) Super Computer
c) Network (Ans)
5. Which of the following is not a storage medium ?
a) Hard disc
b) Flash drive
d) Monitor (Ans)
6. A— shares hardware, software, and data among authorised users;
a) Network (Ans)
7. Which of the following is not related to Internet
a) Function Key (Ans)
d) Search engine
8. User can use—– commands to search for and correct words in a computer
a) Print and Print preview
b) Header and Footer
c) Find and Replace
d) Spelling and Grammer (Ans)
9. To see the documents before the printout is taken, use ——
a) Print Preview (Ans)
b) Format Printer
d) Insert Table
10. The domain name of India :
b) in (Ans)
11. Which company developed ‘WINDOWS’?
a) Microsoft (Ans)
12. The full form of CD
a) Computer Disc
b) Compact Disc (Ans)
c) Compact Device
d) Compact Document
13. Determining whether an Internet site is a commercial (.com) or governmental (.gov) site helps determine its ……
b) Purpose (Ans)
14. One Kilo byte = —— bytes
b) 1024 (Ans)
15. Laser Printer was first introduced by :
16. Who discovered ‘Mouse’?
a) Douglas Engelbart (Ans)
b) Alen Shugart
c) Charles Babbage
17. WINDOWS is a :
a) Operating system (Ans)
d) None of these
18. What is used for computer communication between users ?
a) e-mail (Ans)
c) Tele mail
19. Which is the exact opposite of ‘space’ key ?
d) Backspace (Ans)
20. Which one of the following is not a hardware ?
c) Computer Mouse
d) e-mail (Ans)
1. The native state of Pranab Mukherjee, the President of Inda :
b) Uttar Pradesh
c) West Bengal (Ans)
2. The venue of the 2016 Summer Olympics :
a) Rio de Janeiro (Ans)
3. The Union Finance Minister :
a) Pranab Mukherjee
b) S. M. Krishna
c) P. Chidambaram (Ans)
d) Faruq Abdulla
4. In which state is Kudankulam Nuclear Power Project ?
c) Tamil Nadu (Ans)
d) Andhra Pradesh
5. Which portfolio is held by Salman khurshid in the Union Cabinet ?
b) External Affairs (Ans)
d) Human Resource Development
6. Julia Gillard visited India recently. She is the Prime Minister of :
a) Australia (Ans)
7. The pilotless target aircraft of India :
b) Lakshya (Ans)
8. In which country Mohamed Morsy became president ?
c) Egypt (Ans)
9. Which Latin American country granted asylum to Julian Assange, the founder of Wikileaks ?
b) Ecuador (Ans)
10. Which neighbouring country of India ended direct media censorship in 2012 ?
d) Myanmar (Ans)
11. The venue of 2012 Summer Paralympics:
c) London (Ans)
12. Name the political parties in Kerala which abstained from Presidential Election 2012 :
a) Communist Party of India and the Revolutionary Socialist Party (Ans)
b) Communist Party of India and Kerala Congress
c) Revolutionary Socialist Party and IUML
d) Revolutionary Socialist Party and NCP
13. After 18 years of negotiations which country joined the World Trade Organisation in 2012 ?
c) Russia (Ans)
14. After the leaving of Trinamul Congress from the United progressive Alliance which is the second largest party in UPA ?
b) DMK (Ans)
15. The mascot of 2012 Winter Youth Olympics :
a) Yoggi (Ans)
16. Who was the Returning Officer for the Presidential Election 2012?
a) V.K. Agnihotri (Ans)
b) T.K. Viswanathan
c) D.P. Agarwal
d) V.S. Sampath
17. Who is the IT minister of the present Union Cabinet ?
a) A. K. Antony
b) Manmohan Singh
c) Kapil Sibal (Ans)
d) Sharad Pawar
18. Which country successfully test fired the intercontinental Ballistic Missile Dongfeng-41 ?
c) China (Ans)
d) South Korea
19. Which Country topped in the medal count of 2012 Summer Olympics ?
d) USA (Ans)
20. Who is the chairperson of the United Progresive Alliance ?
a) Manmohan Singh
b) Sonia Gandhi (Ans)
c) Pranab Mukherjee
d) A. K. Antony