RBI Latest current Affairs and General Awareness Questions with answers for learn and practice
Q. In Census 2011, which if the following registered the minimum density (per/sq km)?
1 Arunachal Pradesh
Q. As per census 2011,Kerala holds the maximum sex ratio among states which stands at –
Q. Which of the following state has the maximum urban population as per the final data of Census 2011?
Q. The Work Participation Rate(WPR) for the country in Census 2011 has been worked out at –
Q. The growth rate of population as per the final data of Census 2011 during 2001-11 stood at –
Q. Female literacy in the country, as per final Census data 2011, stands at –
Q. Scientist of which country created the smallest droplets of the world?
Q. Which company on May 15, 2013 achieved 50 billion apps download milestone?
Q. Name the first Indigenous developed Rotavirus Vaccine of India is –
Q. The European Union made decision in May 2013 to impose a continent wide ban on the pesticide namely neonicotinoids to help which species of insects?
2 Butter Flies
3 Honey Bees
4 Earth worm
NEW APPOINTMENTS IN INDIA
1. Sujata Singh – New Foreign Sec. She succeeded Ranjan Mathai
2. Justice P Sathasivam – New CJI (Chief Justice of India). He Succeeded Altamas Kabir’s
3. Avinash Chander – New Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO Chief) replaced V. K. Saraswat
4. Infosys appoints Narayana Murthy as Executive Chairman
5. Sunil Soni – New Director General of Bureau of Indian Standards
6. Shashi Kant Sharma – New Controller and Auditor General (CAG) of India, replaced Vinod Rai.
7. Kushal Singh – New Chairperson of National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR)
8. Justice Sanjay Kishan Kaul takes oath as new CJ of Punjab&Haryana high court
9. Sudha Sharma: New CBDT chief (Central Board of Direct Taxes). She succeeded Poonam Kishore Saxena
10. K R Kamath Re-Elected as the Chairman of Indian Banks’Association (IBA)
11. SK Roy New Chairman of Life Insurance Corporation
12. Asian Athletics Association’) President’s – Dahlan Jumaan Al- Hamad
New Cabinet Ministers:
1. Mr. Oscar Fernandes – Road and Highways Minister
2. Ms. Girija Vyas – New Housing, Urban Development and Poverty Alleviation Minister.
3. Mr. K.S. Rao – New Textiles Minister
4. Mr. SiS Ram Ola – New Labour and Employment Minister.
5. Mallikarjun Kharge: New Railway Minsiter Ministers of state
i. EMS Natchiyappan takes oath as MoS commerce and industry
ii. J D Seelam becomes MoS finance
iii.Manikrao Gavit gets social justice and empowerment
iv. Santosh Chowdhury gets health&family welfare
New Governor Appointed in different states:
1. Shriniwas Patil – Sikkim governor
2. K K Paul – Governor of Meghalaya replacing Ranjit Shekhar Mooshahary.
Najeeb Jung(Vice Chancellor of Jamai Milia University) –Lieutenant Governor of Delhi
3. Nirbhay Sharma – Governor Arunachal Pradesh
4. Narinder Nath Vohra – Governor of J&K for second term
5. BV Wanchoo: Governor of Goa
6. E S L Narasimhan – Governors of Andhra Pradesh
7. K Sankaranarayana n – Governors of Maharashtra
8. Ashwani Kumar – Governors of Nagaland
9. Dr. D.Y. Patil – Governors of Bihar
10. SC Jamir – Governors of Odisha
11. Nikhil Kumar – Governor of Kerala
12. Devanand Konwar – Governor of Tripura
13. Ratan Tata Appointed as Chief Advisor of AirAsia India
14. Subramanian Ramadorai Appointed Chairman of AirAsia India
15. Mittu Chandilya was named as the CEO of the AirAsia India
16. VK Duggal appointed as Nodal Officer for Relief and Rescue operations in Uttrakhand
17. Hariharan appointed Secy of Indian chess federation
18. Bimal Jhulka appointed I&B secretary. He succeeds U K Varma
19. Aruna Bahuguna – New Special Director General of the CRPF
20. K. Siddaramaiah – New CM of Karnataka replaced Jagadish Shettar
1. Global Hunger Index (GHI) – India’s score is 23.7, with a rank of 66th out of 88 countries.
2. Global Peace Index – India’s ranked 141th.
3. Human Development Report UNDP – India at 134 out of 182 countries.
4. GREENDEX , a world wide ranking based on consumer choice and environment – India Ranked 1st with a Score of 59.5 among 17 countries.
5. Global Corruption Index – India at 94th .
6. WEF The Global Gender Gap Report – India ranked 114 lisetd very poorly on the economic,
education and health sub- indexes.
7. WEF Global Information Technology Report – India at 54th.
8. The business executives in the Political and Economic Risk Consultancy (PERC) survey rated India as having the region’s most inefficient bureaucracy. India scored 9.41 Singapore scored 2.53.
9. Global Competitiveness Index – India at 59th .
10. India ranked at 105 in the Education for All Development Index.