Repco Bank Current Affairs (May 2012) Questions for Practice
1. What is the new name of Russian nuclear powered submarine k- 152 Nerpa after that handed over to India?
Ans. INS Chakra
2. Who is the author of the book ‘My Unforgettable Memories’ ?
Ans. Mamata Banerjee
3. Who is the present Chief Minister of Arunachal Pradesh?
Ans. Nabam Tuki
4. Whose Auto Biography is called ‘Prisoner 5990’ ?
Ans. R. Balakrishna Pilla
5. Where in India, largest solar power plant with an installed capacity of 40 MW started producing electricity?
Ans. Pokhran in Rajasthan
6. Who created history by becoming the first Indian female wrestler to have qualified for the London Olympics 2012?
7. Who has been appointed next Chairman of Atomic Energy Commission?
Ans. Ratan Kumar Sinha
8. Where is the World’s first Virtual shopping store opened?
9. Name the nuclear submarine which became the part of Indian Navy in April 2012.
Ans. INS Chakra
10. Name the world’s highest and longest bridge that was officially opened to motorists in China.
Ans. Anzhaite – Long span suspension Bridge in Jishou
11. Where in Rajasthan Spices Board’s first Spices Park is setup?
12. Which Asian country recently became member of Consultative Group to Assist the Poor (CGAP)?
13. Name the Malawi President who died recently?
Ans. Bingu wa Mutharika
14. Who was sworn in as Malawi’s President following the death of Bingu wa Mutharika?
Ans. Joyce Banda
15. Where in Himachal Pradesh Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) would be opened?
Ans. Una district
16. Which country surpass China as Iran’s top oil client?
17. India has recently decided to allow Foreign Direct Investment from which Asian country?
18. Which Indian state’s 100th anniversary was celebrated recently?
19. Name the First Radar Imaging Satellite (spy satellite) Successfully launched by India recently.
India on 26 April 2012 launched India’s first indigenous all weather Radar Imaging Satellite (RISAT-1)
20. Which cricket player and lady actor were recommended for Rajya Sabha membership in India?
Ans. Sachin Tendulkar and Rekha
22. Who is appointed as the youngest Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh?
Ans. Akhilesh Yadav at the age of 38.
22. Longding became the 17th district of which Indian state?
Ans. Arunachal Pradesh
23. What is the validity period for cheques and bank drafts in India since 1st April 2012?
Ans. Three months from the date of issue
25. Name the Serbian President who resigned recently.
Ans. Boris Tadic
26. Name the protein that has been identified to protect cancer and other cells from treatments like chemotheraphy and radiation.
27. Which act was amended to include compulsory registration of marriages in India?
Ans. Registration of Births and Deaths Act, 1969
28. Name the 51 year old who Conquered Mt.Everest Twenty One times.
Ans. Apa Sherpa
29. ISRO recently gave clearance for using which frequency band from satellite for internet on trains?
Ans. KU band
30. Which type of SIM cards are Switzerland based Geo Communications AG, launching in India?
Ans. International Mobile Subscriber Identity(IMSI) SIM cardswhich will allow multiple mobile numbers from different operators on a single SIM card.
31. Name the personality (a poet, an author) whose 150th birth anniversary celebrated on May 8th 2012.
Ans. Rabindranath Tagore
32. Where in India Archeological Survey of India is planning gallery on Harappan civilization?
Ans. Vadodara, Gujarat
33. Who is elected as President of France?
Ans. Francois Hollande
34. Which mobile operator is the biggest gainer of mobile number portability (MPN) service in India?
Ans. Idea Cellular
35. Who was sworn in as Russian president for Second time?
Ans. Vladimir Putin
36. Name the hockey player who died after being hit in the head by the ball during a game in Perth recently.
Ans. Elizabeth Watkins
37. Who created national record by winning silver medal at the Altius Track Crew Threwdown meet in maui Island, Hawaii recently?
Ans. Krishna Poonia
38. Who is elected as Russian Prime Minister recently?
Ans. Dmitry Medvedev
39. Name the aircraft carrier and nuclear submarine India is set to get in 2013.
Ans. Admiral Gorshkov and INS Arihant
40. Who is crowned Miss India World 2012?
Ans. Vanya Mishra
41. Where in Kerala a film city is to be built?
Ans. Varikkassery Mana at Ottapalam
42. Who was sworn in as Uttarkhand’s Chief Minister?
Ans. Vijay Bahuguna
43. Who became the Chief Minister of Punjab for the fifth time?
Ans. Parkash Singh Badal
44. Who has been elected as German President?
Ans. Joachim Gauck
45. Name the Goa Tourism minister who died of heart attack recently?
Ans. Matanhy Saldanha
46. Name the bill passed against conduct of any constitutional authority in India.
Ans. Judicial Accountability Bill
47. Who won the woman single’s Madrid Masters title 2012?
Ans. Serena Williams
48. Who won the men single’s Madrid Masters title 2012?
Ans. Roger Federer
49. Who has been appointed as TRAI (Telecom Regulatory Authority of India) chairman for a three year term?
Ans. Rahul Khullar
50. Which countries have warned North Korea on further Nuclear tests?
Ans. China, Japan and South Korea