CIL stands for Coal India Limited Latest Selection Procedures and General Aptitude Paper|
Coal India Limited Management Trainee Examination Questions and syllabus
Coal India Limited (CIL) Written Test pattern and Previous years Question Papers
COAL INDIA LIMITED General Aptitude Questions, CIL Reasoning Questions
1. A certain type of mixture is prepared by mixing brand A at Rs.9 a kg. with brand B at Rs.4 a kg. If the mixture is worth Rs.7 a kg., how many kgs. of brand A are needed to make 40kgs. of the mixture?
Ans. Brand A needed is 24kgs.
2. A wizard named Nepo says “I am only three times my son’s age. My father is 40 years more than twice my age. Together the three of us are a mere 1240 years old.” How old is Nepo?
Ans. 360 years old.
3. One dog tells the other that there are two dogs in front of me. The other one also shouts that he too had two behind him. How many are they?
4. A man ate 100 bananas in five days, each day eating 6 more than the previous day. How many bananas did he eat on the first day?
5. If it takes five minutes to boil one egg, how long will it take to boil four eggs?
Ans. Five minutes.
6. Three containers A, B and C have volumes a, b, and c respectively; and container A is full of water while the other two are empty. If from container A water is poured into container B which becomes 1/3 full, and into container C which becomes 1/2 full, how much water is left in container A?
7. ABCE is an isosceles trapezoid and ACDE is a rectangle. AB = 10 and EC = 20. What is the length of AE?
Ans. AE = 10.
8. A Rectangular room had width half of its lengdth. When 6 is decreased from both length and width then its area is differed by 108 so find the width
9 Three cards are drawn at random from an ordinary pack of cards. Find the probability that they will consist of a king, a queen and an ace.
10. A number of cats got together and decided to kill between them 999919 mice. Every cat killed an equal number of mice. Each cat killed more mice than there were cats. How many cats do you think
there were ?
11. If Log2 x – 5 Log x + 6 = 0, then what would the value / values of x be?
Ans. x = e2 or e3.
12. The square of a two digit number is divided by half the number. After 36 is added to the quotient, this sum is then divided by 2. The digits of the resulting number are the same as those in the original
number, but they are in reverse order. The ten’s place of the original number is equal to twice the difference between its digits. What is the number?
13.Can you tender a one rupee note in such a manner that there shall be total 50 coins but none of them would be 2 paise coins.?
Ans. 45 one paisa coins, 2 five paise coins, 2 ten paise coins, and 1 twenty-five paise coins.
14.A monkey starts climbing up a tree 20ft. tall. Each hour, it hops 3ft. and slips back 2ft. How much time would it take the monkey to reach the top?
15. What is the missing number in this series? 8 2 14 6 11 ? 14 6 18 12
16. The minute hand of a clock overtakes the hour hand at intervals of 64 minutes of correct time. How much a day does the clock gain or lose?
Ans. 32 8/11 minutes.
17. Solve for x and y: 1/x – 1/y = 1/3, 1/x2 + 1/y2 = 5/9.
Ans. x = 3/2 or -3 and y = 3 or -3/2.
18. Daal is now being sold at Rs. 20 a kg. During last month its rate was Rs. 16 per kg. By how much percent should a family reduce its consumption so as to keep the expenditure fixed?
Ans. 20 %.
19. Find the least value of 3x + 4y if x2y3 = 6.
20. Can you find out what day of the week was January 12, 1979?
21. A garrison of 3300 men has provisions for 32 days, when given at a rate of 850 grams per head. At the end of 7 days a reinforcement arrives and it was found that now the provisions will last 8 days less, when given at the rate of 825 grams per head. How, many more men can it feed?
Ans. 1700 men.
22. From 5 different green balls, four different blue balls and three different red balls, how many combinations of balls can be chosen taking at least one green and one blue ball?
23. Three pipes, A, B, & C are attached to a tank. A & B can fill it in 20 & 30 minutes respectively while C can empty it in 15 minutes. If A, B & C are kept open successively for 1 minute each, how soon will the tank be filled?
Ans. 167 minutes.
24. A person walking 5/6 of his usual rate is 40 minutes late. What is his usual time?
Ans. 3 hours 20 minutes.
25. Mr. Shah decided to walk down the escalator of a tube station. He found that if he walks down 26 steps, he requires 30 seconds to reach the bottom. However, if he steps down 34 stairs he would only
require 18 seconds to get to the bottom. If the time is measured from the moment the top step begins to descend to the time he steps off the last step at the bottom, find out the height of the stair way in steps?
Coal Inida Limited Reasoning Question Papers with answers
1. What should come in the place of (?) in the given series?
ACE, FGH, ?, PON
2. Typist : Typewriter : : Writer: ?
3. Paint: Artist : : Wood: ?
4. acme : mace :: alga: ?
5. EIGHTY : GIEYTH : : OUTPUT:?
6. ‘Medicine’ is related to ‘Patient’ in the same way as ‘Education’ is related to—
7. Fill in the missing letter in the following series—
S, V, Y, B, ?
8. What should come in the place of question mark in the following series?
3, 8, 6, 14, ?, 20
9. Select the correct option in place of the question mark.
AOP, CQR, EST, GUV, ?
10. What should come in the place of question mark in the following series?
1, 4, 9, 25, 36, ?
Directions—(Q. 11 to 14): Select the one which is different from the other three.
11. (A) Bokaro
12. (A) January
13. (A) Bible
14. (A) Star
Coal India Limited Alphabet Qquestions
Directions—(Q. 15 to 17): based on alphabets.
15. If the sequence of the alphabets is reversed which of the following would be the 14th letter from
(D) None of these
16. Which letter is the 8th letter to the right of the letter, which is 12th from the left?
17. Which letter is the 8th letter to the right of the letter which is 10th to the left of the last but one letter from the right?
Directions—(Q. 18 to 23) Three of the following four are alike in a certain way and so form a group. Which is the one that does not belong to that group?
18. (A) Green
19. (A) Rabbit
20. (A) Polo
21. (A) Sun
22. (A) Cheese
23. (A) Carrot
24. In a certain code ‘CONTRIBUTOR’ is written as ‘RTNOCIROTUB’. How is ‘prohibition’ written in that code?
25. If ‘CAT’ and ‘BOAT’ are written as XZG and ‘YLZG’ respectively in a code language how is ‘EGG’ to be written in the same language?