Intelligence Bureau general awareness history based questions with answers, Intelligence Bureau april May,June 2012 current affairs questions with answers
1.Which symbol was on the obverse side of Medals of Olympic Games from 1928 to 2000 ?
The correct answer is d) Nike
2.The following mascot is of which Olympic Games ?
a) 1988 Seoul Olympics
b) 1992 Barcelona Olympics
c) 1996 Atlanta Olympics
d) 2004 Athens Olympics
The correct answer is d) 2004 Athens Olympics
3. From which Olympic Games, the Olympic Games have had a mascot ?
a) 1968 Winter Olympics
b) 1972 Winter Olympics
c) 1976 Winter Olympics
d) 1980 Winter Olympics
The correct answer is a) 1968 Winter Olympics
4.The Olympics motto was introduced in which year ?
The correct answer is c) 1924
5.In which Olympic Games, the torch relay came in effect ?
a) 1928 Summer Olympics
b) 1932 Summer Olympics
c) 1936 Summer Olympics
d) 1940 Summer Olympics
The correct answer is c) 1936 Summer Olympics
6.In which year, the Olympic Hymn was declared as official hymn by the IOC ?
The correct answer is a) 1957
7.In which year, the International Olympic Committee was estabilished ?
The correct answer is d) 1894
8. How many National Olympic Committees are under the International Olympic Committee ?
The correct answer is d) 205
9. Until which year, both Summer and Winter Olympics were held in the same year ?
The correct answer is c) 1992
10The first Summer Youth Olympics were in
The correct answer is d) 2010
11 Which is awarded to athletes who demonstrate a special spirit of sportsmanship in Olympic events ?
a) Olympic Order
b) Olympic Trophy
c) Pierre de Coubertin medal
d) Olympic Cup
The correct answer is c) Pierre de Coubertin medal
1. Which of the following countries is not a member of the elite league of six nations that have nuclear-powered submarines?
a. China b. India c. Germany -Ans d. UK
2. Who amongst the following has been awarded the prestigious ‘Dadasaheb Phalke award’ for the year 2012?
a. Manna Dey b. Soumitra Chatterjee-Ans c. VK Murthy d. K Balachander
3. Tiger Woods’ former swing coach, Hank Haney, has written a book about his time working with the golfer. The name of the book is:
a. The Lord of the Rings b. Rules of Attraction c. Strong Motion d. The Big Miss-Ans
4. The Titanic, with 2,200 people on board, departed from which of the following British ports on 10 April 1912, for its fateful voyage from Europe to the US?
a. Port of Southampton -ans b. Port of Barrow c. Port of Swansea d. Port of Immingham
5. According to a report from the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI), which country is the secondlargest weapons importer?
a. Pakistan b. India c. China-Ans d. South Korea
6. The Para Athletics National Championship 2012 was held in:
a. Hyderabad b. Gurgaon c. Bhopal d. Bengaluru-ans
7. Who among the following politicians has been declared the winner of the prestigious ‘International Jurists Award-2012’?
a. Sheila Dixit b. Nitish Kumar c. Narendra Modi d. Mulayam Singh Yadav-Ans
8. Oil has been discovered for the ﬁrst time in which East African nation recently?
a. Kenya-Ans b. Tanzania c. Burundi d. Uganda
9. Who among the following is the surprise choice of US President Barack Obama for the post of World Bank president?
a. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala b. Jim Yong Kim-Ans c. Jose Antonio Ocampo d. Robert Zoellick
10. After WWE wrestler Great Khali, who is the second sportsperson keen on opening a cricket academy in Himachal Pradesh?
a. Suresh Raina b. Yuvraj Singh c. Mahendra Singh Dhoni-Ans d. Harbhajan Singh
11. To promote institutional deliveries, create awareness and ‘responsibility towards health’ in pregnant women, which of the following states has recently introduced the ‘Surakshit Maa’ and ‘Swasth Maa’ awards?
a. Bihar b. Haryana-Ans c. Madhya Pradesh d. New Delhi
12. The Prime Minister has appointed a panel on the feasibility of executing the controversial Sethusamudram project through Dhanuskodi instead of routing it through Rama Sethu. The committee is headed by:
a. Vandana Shiva b. Ashok Khosla c. T Srinivasa Rao d. RK Pachauri-Ans
13. The Ladakh International Film Festival (LIFF), the ﬁ rst international ﬁ lm festival in Ladakh and the highest-altitude ﬁ lm festival at 13,500 feet above sea level, will begin from:
a. 15 June 2012-Ans b. 29 March 2012 c. 15 April 2012 d. 29 May 2012
14. Ms Tawakul Karman, titled the ‘Mother of the Revolution’, was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize 2011. She belongs to:
a. Kenya b. Liberia c. Yemen -Ans d. Morocco
15. The ﬁrst World Sparrow Day was celebrated (in 2010) across the globe to celebrate the beauty of the house sparrow. The World Sparrow Day is observed on:
a. 21 March-Ans b. 20 March c. 5 January d. 27 January
16. The ‘Pudhu Vazvu Thittam’ scheme has been launched in which of the following states with the aim of improving livelihood activities of the poorest of the poor, differently abled, destitute widows, and orphaned women?
a. Tamil Nadu-Ans b. Kerala c. Karnataka d. Andhra Pradesh
17. Who has been chosen for the Chameli Devi Jain award?
a. Shailaja Bajpai b. Aruna Sharma c. Tusha Mittal-ans d. Shahina K.K
18. Which Indian NGO was selected for the US’ ﬁ rst ‘Innovation Award for the Empowerment of Women and Girls’ for training and organising wastepickers and eliminating child labour from recycling?
a. Pahal b. Smile foundation c. HelpAge India d. Chintan-Ans
19. Who among the following is the current Director-General of the United Nations Educational Scientiﬁ c and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO)?
a. Irina Bokova-Ans b. Luther Evans c. Koïchiro Matsuura d. Federico Mayor Zaragoza
20. Tihar Prison became the ﬁ rst jail in the country to attain near total literacy among inmates. Which of the following programmes has been launched in Tihar jail in collaboration with the National Literacy Mission?
a. ‘Aao Padhein’ b. ‘Padho aur Padhao-Ans’ c. ‘Padhana Likhana Sikho’ d. ‘Aao Sakshar Bane’
21. Which of the following social activists recently became a part of the ‘Global March to Jerusalem’ to uphold secularism in the region?
a. Swami Agnivesh -ans b. Sri Sri Ravi Shankar c. Anna Hazare d. Medha Patkar
22. Recently, which of the following countries qualiﬁed for the silver medal in the women’s 4x400m relay of the last Asian athletics championships due to the disqualiﬁ cation of athletes from Kazakhstan and Iraq?
a. Sri Lanka b. Pakistan c. India-Ans d. China
23. ‘Malabar 2012’ is an annual naval exercise between India and:
a. Japan b. Russia c. France d. USA-Ans
24. Which of the following countries has topped the list of 27 MDR-TB high-burden countries worldwide?
a. India-Ans b. Bangladesh c. China d. Pakistan
25. The Union Minister for Rural Development, Drinking Water and Sanitation, Jairam Ramesh, has announced a national award for sanitation and water – in the name of:
a. Sant Gadge Baba-Ans b. Sant Vadiraja Tirtha c. Sant Variyar Swamigal d. Swami Yogaswami
BUSINESS & INDUSTRY
1. ‘Phaeton’ is a full-size luxury sedan launched by:
a. Audi b. Volkswagen-Ans c. BMW d. Daimler
2. Global private equity major Warburg Pincus has sold its 3.6% stake in which bank for about Rs.1,400 crore?
a. HDFC Bank b. Kotak Mahindra Bank-ans c. ICICI Bank d. Yes Bank
3. Tatra is
a. A vehicle manufacturer from the Czech Republic -Ans b. A drug that increases the life expectancy of the elderly c. A new variety of Bt Cotton developed by Monsanto d. A new operating system developed by Samsung
4. The Asian Development Bank (ADB) is a regional development bank established to facilitate development of countries in Asia. It is headquartered in:
a. Singapore b. Philippines-Ans c. Japan d. Malaysia
5. Recently, the state-owned Kudremukh Iron Ore Company Ltd (KIOCL), signed a contract for exploration, development, and mining in the Akjoujt Iron Ore project at Mauritania in West Africa, with which of the following companies?
a. Curve Capital Ventures-Ans b. South African Mining c. Talvivaara Mining Company Plc d. North Bay Resources Inc
6. Which of the following server chips has recently been launched by Intel Corp?
a. 64-bit ARM server chip b. Opteron 6200 c. Opteron 4200 d. Xeon E5-2600-Ans
7. Which of the following countries is India’s second largest supplier of crude oil – against which western countries have imposed sanctions?
a. Iraq b. Iran-Ans b. Russia d. Saudi Arabia
8. Who is the current chairman and chief executive ofﬁ cer of Pepsico?
a. John Compton b. Pamela Culpepper c. Indira K Nooyi -Ans d. Josh Luis Parado
9. Which IT company has launched the ‘MyEdu tablet’ in India?
a. HCL-Ans b. Wipro c. Dell d. Samsung
10. Which of the following California-based companies has recently been acquired by chipmaker AMD for $334 million?
a. Antec b. SeaMicro-Ans c. Intel d. Memorex
11. Which motorcycle company has launched its gearless scooter portfolio with the launch of the Swish 125?
a. Suzuki Motors -Ans b. Hero MotoCorp c. Bajaj Motorcycles d. Honda Motorcycles
12. The Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) recently launched a single premium plan called:
a. Jeevan Chhaya b. Jeevan Nidhi-Ans c. Jeevan Vriddhi d. Jeevan Saathi
13. Kobelco Cranes India Pvt. Ltd (KCI), which is a part of the Kobelco Cranes Company, has commenced production at its hydraulic crane manufacturing in Andhra Pradesh. This company belongs to:
a. South Korea b. Germany c. Japan-Ans d. Sweden
14. AP Choudhary is the current Chairman-cum-Managing Director of:
a. Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) b. Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited (RINL)-Ans c. Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) d. Gas Authority of India Ltd. (GAIL)
15. Which of the following state governments has decided to give cycles to the girls studying in Classes XI and XII under the ‘Mai Bhago Vidya scheme’?
a. Punjab -Ans b. Haryana c. West Bengal d. Himachal Pradesh
16. To improve corporate governance, the Ministry of Corporate Affairs has constituted a committee headed by:
a. Kiran Majumdar Shaw b. Adi Godrej-Ans c. Sidharth Birla d. MK Chanu
17. The Indian Government has imposed anti-dumping duty for ﬁ ve years on imports of phosphoric acid from Israel and:
a. China b. Canada c. South Korea d. Taiwan-Ans
18. A unique scheme, titled ‘Master Health Card’, of the Rahbar Group of Companies, was launched in:
a. Andhra Pradesh-Ans b. Uttar Pradesh c. Karnataka d. New Delhi
19. According to the International Air Transport Association (IATA), India recently experienced the second-strongest domestic air trafﬁ c growth (at 12.3%) among the major domestic markets in the world after:
a. USA b. Brazil-Ans c. Saudi Arabia d. Russia
20. Who is the current Director General of the World Trade Organisation?
a. Pascal Lamy -Ans b. Supachai Panitchpakdi c. Mike Moore d. Renato Ruggiero
21. Which telecom company has selected ZTE Corporation to plan, design, supply, and deploy its 4G network in Kolkata?
a. Idea b. Bharti Airtel-Ans c. Reliance d. BSNL
22. The GSM Association has said that 3G mobile connections in India are expected to grow to more than 10 crore by 2014 – the highest in the world – while India would become the second largest mobile broadband market globally within the next four years after:
a. USA b. South Korea c. UK d. China-Ans
23. ‘Mini Countryman’ is a SUV car launched by:
a. Hyundai b. BMW-Ans c. Volkswagen d. Toyota
24. Which of the following countries is the world’s most nuclear-dependent country, deriving 75% of its electricity needs from 58 reactors and has been a leading international proponent of atomic energy?
a. France-Ans b. Canada c. Sweden d. Japan
25. Pratt & Whitney is an aerospace manufacturer and leading supplier of aerospace engines, space propulsion systems, and industrial gas turbines. Its headquarters are located in:
a. France b. UK c. Canada d. USA-Ans
26. Which of the following railway stations has bagged the ‘Best Tourist Friendly Railway Station’ award for 2010-11?
a. Madgaon railway station b. Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, Mumbai c. New Delhi Railway Station-Ans d. Mangalore railway station
27. Who among the following is the current Chairman and CEO of General Motors?
a. Daniel F Akerson-Ans b. Edward Whitacre c. Frederick Henderson d. Stephen J Girsky
28. Cochin International Airport Limited (CIAL) has a joint venture with which of the following country’s aeronautical manufacturing company, ‘Aerostar’?
a. Italy b. Germany c. Romania-Ans d. South Africa
29. Which of the following motor companies will launch a new bike in 250cc categories under Korean brand ‘Hyosung’?
a. Garware Motors-Ans b. TVS Motors c. LML d. Honda Motors
30. US-based New York Life has recently sold its 26% stake in Max New York Life Insurance to which of the following insurance companies for Rs.2,731 crore?
a. Aviva b. Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance (MSI)-Ans c. MetLife d. American International Group (AIG)
Current affairs 2012
1.Name the yesteryear actress who featured in the popular song ‘Ae Meri Zohra Jabeen’ from the film ‘Waqt’who passed away recently.
Achala Sachdev passed away at a Pune hospital on April 30, 2012. Achala was 91 year old.
2. Where in India, largest solar power plant with an installed capacity of 40 MW started producing electricity?
Pokhran in Jaisalmer district of Rajasthan
3. Which department in India plans to set up 1000 ATM’s across 6 states?
4. Who created history by becoming the first Indian female wrestler to have qualified for the London Olympics 2012?
5. Who has been appointed next Chairman of Atomic Energy Commission?
Ratan Kumar Sinha
6. In which part of India, Indo Tibetan Border Police headquarters is to be opened?
7. Which state’s High Court has insisted that banks cannot freeze accounts nor stop services of issuing cheque book or ATM facility where the account holder has not supplied KYC (Know Your Customers) documents?
8. Name the former Haryana chief secretary who took oath as state information commissioner ?
9. Which State becames the 3rd state in India to launch State Portal (SP) and State Service Delivery Gateway (SSDG) project?
10. Who won the World Series Hockey 2012 title?
11. In which state Urdu medium Government schools would be setup as announced by Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav?
12. Where is the World’s first Virtual shopping store opened?
13. Who is named as HSBC’s India CEO?
14. Which Indian state bans guthka from 1st of April 2012 to curb the increasing number of mouth cancer cases?
15. Which Indian state chief minister has urged union Finance Minister to bail it out of its huge burden?
16. Name the Jammu and Kashmir High Court Chief Justice who was sworn in as Supreme court judge ?
17. Name the Gujarati techie whose name has emerged for India’s President as the nation has to elect 16th President in July 2012 ?
18. At what value Air India’s restructuring plan was approved by a group of 19 banks led by SBI?
19. Which services Airtel is planning to launch in Kolkata in April 2012?
20. Name the nuclear submarine which joined Indian Navy.
21. Which education company bagged Rs.209 crore order from Assam Government?
22. Which 2 north Indian states will have pipeline connected oil terminals for supply of diesel, petrol and kerosene?
Jammu and Himachal Pradesh
23. Which Asian country has issued tender to buy minimum of 30,000 tonnes of basmati rice from India and Pakistan?
24. NSE founder who passes away Recently?
Dr R H Patil, chairman, Clearing Corporation of India (CCIL) and founder-managing director of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) passed away in Mumbai.
25. Who donated 1 million Singapore Dollars to Indian Heritage Centre?
Founder of Singapore-based IT company Si2i Mobility B.K.Modi
26. Name the world’s highest and longest bridge that was officially opened to motorists in China.
Anzhaite Long-span Suspension Bridge in Jishou
27. Which bank has opened 16 Ultra Small branches in 16 locations in villages to cater to financial needs of the rural populace?
28. Who has been conferred with Sir Jehangir Ghandy Medal?
29. In which city in Kerala will Infosys setup its 2nd campus?
30. Which bank will set up 1-person micro branches to serve remote areas of the northeastern region financially?
Indian Overseas Bank
31. Which act does not allow to prosecute (no wife can claim compensation or maintenance) husband’s girlfriend?
Protection of Women from Domestic Vilonce Act, 2005
32. Name the 3 Indian hockey players after whom tube stations in London has been renamed.
Dhyan Chand, Roop Singh and Leslie Claudius
33. Who has been signed up as brand ambassador of Toyota Kirloskar Motors?
34. When was 63rd Rajasthan Day celebrated?
30th March 2012
35. Where in Rajasthan Spices Board’s first Spices Park is setup?
36. Which Asian country recently became member of Consultative Group to Assist the Poor (CGAP)?
37. Who won her 6th world sprint title at the world track cycling championships 2012?
38. Name the Malawi President who died after heart attack.
Bingu wa Mutharika
39. Who was sworn in as Malawi’s President following the death of Bingu wa Mutharika?
40. Which Asian country made Hindu marriage registration a must by bringing the law in lines with India?
41. Israel has decided to setup its consulate office in which part of India?
42. Which Indian city is likely to get water taxis and air-conditioned trams?
43. Name the young doctor who is set to become the first foreign national of Indian origin to walk across Antarctica carrying the Indian Flag.
44. Name the youngest Indian boxer who qualified for London Olympics 2012.
45. What percentage hike was allocated for Karnataka by Planning Commission for current fiscal 2012-13 in the 12th Plan?
46. Who will be the sports ambassador for the state of Haryana?
47. Which category of women will be allowed to participate in the Miss Universe beauty pageant from next year?
48. Which rank does Bangalore hold as preferred entrepreneurial locations worldwide?
49. Which TV has become the first Indian television channel to enter the Chinese market?
50. Which act was amended to include compulsory registration of marriages in India?
Registration of Births and Deaths Act, 1969
51. Where in Himachal Pradesh Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) would be opened?
52. What denominations of currency note will RBI introduce bearing rupee symbol?
Rs.20 and Rs.50 currency notes
53. Name the index on which NSE is set to launch derivative trade.
FTSE 100 index
54. What percentage and value of US based Max New York Life Insurance was sold to Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance (MSI)?
26% and Rs.2,731 crore
55. Which country replaced China as Iran’s top oil client?
56. India has recently decided to allow Foreign Direct Investment from which Asian country?
57. What value of equity infusion did Air India get spread over a period of 9 years?
Rs. 30,000 crore
58. Where in India Integrated Check Post was inaugurated on the occasion of Baisakhi to enhance trade between India-Pakistan?
59. Which education council in India would have its own job portal for the students of technical and professional institutions?
All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
60. Which 2 countries have agreed to resume dialogue on disarmament and non-proliferation after a gap of 9 years?
India and China
61. Which repayment transaction is now allowed by RBI electronically i.e. NEFT?
Repayment of Loan EMI’s
62. How many co-sponsors are against the Bill of outsourcing call centers in USA?
63. How much basis point did RBI cut key rates after 3 years?
50 basis points
64. Name the Master Card’s President and CEO who has been elected next chairman of the US-India Business Council?
65. Which Indian FMCG company crossed $1 billion mark in 2011-12?
66. Which 14 year old ICC cricket tournament would end after 2013?
ICC Champions Trophy
67. Which state has included services of the petroleum industry, including that provided by tanker operations as essential services under the state’s Essential Services Maintenance Act 1971, (Act 20 of 1971)?
68. Which Indian state’s 100th anniversary was celebrated recently?
69. Who replaces Simon Leung chief executive of the greater China region of Microsoft?
70. Bill to include children with disabilities under which Act was recently passed by Rajya Sabha recently?
Right to Education Act
71. Name the spy satellite launched by ISRO recently.
72. Which cricket player and lady actor were recommended for Rajya Sabha membership in India?
Sachin Tendulkar and Rekha
73. Name the Indian origin entrepreneur and educator who is named as the Goodwill Ambassador for Education Partnerships for UN Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO).
74. Who has been appointed as Governor of Goa, Rajasthan and Uttarkhand?
B.V.Wanchoo, Margaret Alva and Aziz Qureshi
75. Who were given fresh terms as Governor of Andhra Pradesh and Maharashtra?
E.S.L.Narasimhan and K.Sankaranarayanan
76. Which Indian state will be showcased at the Cannes Film Festival?
77. Which 2 Asian countries will hold 1st ever economic dialogue on 30th April 2012?
India and Japan
78. Name the first of the four Dreamliner aircraft that Air India got from Nikki Haley’s state.
79. Who won the Asian Snooker Championship 2012?
80. Who retained the crown as Britain’s richest man?
81. Where was the India Investrade 2012 organised by Indian Chamber of Commerce, Kolkata held?
Colombo, Sri Lanka
82. Name the mango variety named after the youngest Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh.
‘Akhilesh aam’, named after Akhilesh Yadav
83. Which Indian state is planning to make 100 the common number to dial in any emergency?
84. Who became the 1st player to cross 2000 runs in cricket tournament IPL?
85. Which country is keen to boost trade ties with Kerala?
86. Who became the 1st player to win Barcelona title for 7 times?
87. Name the former BCCI president who passed away recently after whom the challenger trophy was named.
1. Who won her first World Cup individual recurve gold medal in Archery?
2. Who took over as 28th chief secretary of Madhya Pradesh succeeding Avani Vaish?
3. Which state’s Chief Minister has demanded law to deal with cases of discrimination against northeastern students?
Meghalaya CM Mukul Sangma
4. ISRO recently gave clearance for using which frequency band from satellite for internet on trains?
5. Which company bagged the contract for deploying Bharti Airtel’s 4G network in Karnataka?
6. Who became the first cricketer to hit 5 consecutive T20 fifties?
7. Who won the award in the best Actress category at the London Asian Film Festival (LAFF) 2012 for her film ‘Bol’?
8. Which type of SIM cards are Switzerland based Geo Communications AG, launching in
International Mobile Subscriber Identity(IMSI) SIM cards which will allow multiple mobile numbers from different operators on a single SIM card
9. To help clear cane arrears of over Rs.10,000 crore which commodities exports has been let free by Government of India recently?
10. Which industry in India will celebrate 100 years of its existence in May 2013?
Indian Film Industry (May 3rd 1913 to May 3rd 2013)
11. When is Facebook (IPO) set to go public?
May 18th 2012
12. When will the phased Basel III capital regulation in India be implemented as per RBI
January 1st, 2013 (to be fully implemented by March 31st, 2018)
13. Name the multifaceted personality (a poet, an author or a painter) whose 150th birth anniversary would be celebrated on May 8th 2012.
14. Which sport in Goa will benefit from the Government’s decision as it will be declared state sport?
15. Where in India Archeological Survey of India is planning gallery on Harappan civilization?
16. Where in India the 49th Raising Day of the Central Command was celebrated on 3rd May 2012?
17. Where in Tamil Nadu, Tamil Nadu Industrial Development Corporation (Tidco) is planning to establish aerospace park?
18. Where in Coimbatore, Government has planned to setup cold storage facility for tomatoes?
19. Which German sportswear maker has planned to shut down 1/3rd of its 900 Reebokstores in India?
20. Which Kolhapur-based bank is looking at an IPO in 2 years?
21. Which resource in nuclear reactors will be used for power generation as the Government has decided to start construction of 300MW reactor by 2016-17?
22. As Indian Parliament holds special sitting on Sunday to celebrate 60th anniversary, when was India’s first Parliament session held?
May 13th, 1952
23. Which country slapped a fine of $80,000 fine on Air India recently?
US Transportation Department
24. Which Finance company recently deferred its Rs.1,665 crore IPO, which opened on May 2nd 2012?
25. Name the firm which is planning to build mud cottages in Gir area of Junagadh district.
Swati Infratech Pvt. Ltd.
26. In which glacier have geologists discovered hot water from geothermal sources which is nearly 15 degrees arm in plunging -40 degree Celsius weather?
27. Name the Indian who became first Asian-origin UK councilor.
28. Name the ‘Big Bang’ scientist whom France jailed for terror plot.
29. What value of fund will Asian Development Bank provide to India for 2012-2014 for the development of various projects?
30. Name the West Indian cricketer who has set an eye on bollywood after IPL.
31. Who is elected as Chair of the ADB’s Board of Governors?
32. Which country will host the 46th annual meeting of the Asian Development Bank in 2013?
India in New Delhi
33. Name the Indian-origin doctor who won the London Assembly (Ealing and Hillingdon) seat?
Dr.Onkar Singh Sahota
34. Who is elected as President of France?
35. Which mobile operator is the biggest gainer of mobile number portability (MPN) servicein India?
36. Which 2 Indian women won the 16th Asian Team Squash Championship?
Joshna Chinnappa and Dipika Pallikal
37. Name the US secretary who is India on a 3-day visit asking to reduce oil imports from Iran on the agenda.
38. Which series of bollywood actor’s TV debut got a thumbs up from the Hindi film industry?
40. Which popular comic is featuring members of Delhi Daredevils players like Virender Sehwag, Irfan Pathan and Kevin Pietersen?
Chacha Chaudhary in Sabu new comic series
41. Who was sworn in as Russian president for 2nd time?
42. Who won the silver medal at the 3rd International ‘Republic of Kazakhstan President’s Cup’ held in Almaty, kazakhstan?
43. Name the hockey player who died after being hit in the head by the ball during a game in Perth recently.
44. Which movie team is set to open 4-day Children’s Film Festival to be held in Goa from May 11th 2012?
45. Which state’s first marine training institute will be operational from August 2012?
46. Which state of Jaipur will host first edition of 3-day Fashion Week from May 24th 2012?
47. After completing a year post acquisition of Patni Computer which company dropped Patni from its brand name?
48. India’s Finance minister recently scrapped a ‘draconian’ clause under which law?
49. Red Hat recently setup its R&D centres in which locality outside North America?
Pune and Bangalore in India
50. Which PSU acquired 51% stake in Bharti Axa Mutual Fund?
Bank of India
51. Who created national record by winning silver medal at the Altius Track Crew Threwdown meet in maui Island, Hawaii?
52. Who is appointed as Russian Prime Minister?
53. Name the aircraft carrier and nuclear submarine India is set to get in 2013.
Admiral Gorshkov and INS Arihant
54. What was rolled back on realty as excise on gold jewellery?
Tax Deducted at Source
55. Where in London a centre dedicated to the life and work of Rabindranath Tagore has been launched?
56. Name the former chairman of ICICI bank and billionaire investor who are re-appointed to the Arcelor Mittal board?
N.Vaghul and Wilbur Ross
57. When was the World Red Cross day celebrated?
58. Which street is renamed after Roger Federer in Germany?
Weststrasse renamed as Roger-Federer-Allee
59. Which cricketer is likely to make an appearance in filmmaker Vidhu Vinod Chopra’s ‘Ferrari Ki Sawari’?
60. Lahore based Ajoka has planned for 4-day theatre festival to pay tribute to which birth centenarian as on May 2012?
Saadat Hassan Manto
61. NSG base will be setup in which part of India?
Which Oscar-winning musician has been conferred with his first American Honorary Doctorate by the Miami University?
62. Name the Russian plane which went missing on a demonstration over Indonesia in the area of Mount Salak recently.
Sukhoi Superjet 100
63. Name the former Ukraine Prime Minister who ended her 20-day hunger strike after claiming that her guards handled her roughly while in prison.
64. Which sector is likely to get electronic development fund to promote its R&D activities?
Information Development sector
65. Denominations above what value should now be machine processed for authenticity by bank branches as per RBI notification?
Rs.100 and above
66. Which singer is awarded America’s highest civilian honour “The Medal of Freedom”?
67. Who won the Google Photography Prize 2012?
Viktor Johansson (A Swedish Student)
68. What is the name of the Carrie Underwood’s album released on May 1st 2012?
69. Which singers were awarded 2012′s Sweden highest music honour “The Polar Music Prize”?
Paul Simon and Yo-Yo Ma
70.Which bollywood actor is starring in the Hollywood movie “The Amazing Spider-man”?
71. Name the bill passed by Rajya Sabha in India to protect children against sexual abuse.
Protection of Children Against Sexual Offences Bill
72. Name the bill approved by the Union Cabinet in India to regulate the micro finance industry and bring the micro lenders under the purview of RBI.
Micro Finance Sector Development and Regulation Bill, 2011
73. Which city in India leads household penetration of the internet as per Census 2011?
74. Which sporting tournament will be held in Orissa from 11th May to 28th May 2012?
66th National Football Championship for Santosh Trophy 2012
75. How many districts of the border state of Punjab will get clusters of food processing industry post United Nation’s Industrial Development Organisation’s survey?
76. AICTE has allowed private engineering colleges to run dual degree programme for bachelor of engineering and master of technology courses in which state recently?
Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
77. In which year MotoGP set to make its debut in India?
78. WHO in its ‘International Travel and Health Bulletin 2012′ issued a malaria alert to which country recently?
79. Which society in Goa is organising children’s film festival from May 11th to 13th 2012 at Maquinez Palace, Panaji?
Entertainment Society of Goa
80. Which state in India has made ID proof mandatory for pregnant women who undergo ultrasound?
81. WHO has urged which country to act on Palestinian hunger-strike?
82. Which state announced 500MW gas-fired power plant in its budget session recently?
83. Who has been named EPL manager of the year?
84. Which country recently honoured over 150 peacekeepers?
85. Which football sporting event will India bid to host at the FIFA Congress in Budapest scheduled for May 24th and 25th 2012?
Under-17 World Cup in 2017
86. Punjab has recently achieved a record wheat crop produce of what value?
120 lakh tones
87. Which 3 northeastern Indian states will have its own high courts?
Tripura, Manipur and Meghalaya
88. Jammu and Kashmir Government will set up Development and Management Authority to promote which sport in the state?
89. Where in Kozhikode UL Cyber Park with Special Economic Zone status is built?
90. Which airline will become first to provide in-flight mobile access in UK?
91. Which country has BCCI allowed to play in Champions League T20 in India?
92. Which country’s president visited India recently?
Maldivian President, Mohammed Waheed
93. Where and at what cost was The Arcelor Mittal Orbit has been built?
London, amounting to 22.7million pounds
94. Name the Indian American who has been named as Chancellor of California.
95. Where in India “Veer Bharat Premises”, a unique museum dedicated to Indian heroes will be setup?
96. Name the Venezuelan who won his maiden Formula One Spanish Grand Prix 2012.
97. Who won the woman single’s Madrid Masters title 2012?
98. Who won the men single’s Madrid Masters title 2012?
99. Name the companies that Nigeria’s telecom authority fined a total of 7.3 million dollars for providing poor services to customers.
Bharti Airtel, MTN, Etisalat and Globacom
100. Which bank has is ranked 2nd most profitable public sector bank in terms of annual profit for the fiscal year ended March, 2012?
Bank of Baroda
101. Who has been appointed as TRAI chairman for a 3 year term?
102. Where in India first 2MW solar power plant started functioning?
103. Where was the British World War II fighter plan found recently?
104. Which 3 countries have warned North Korea on further Nuclear tests?
China, Japan and South Korea
105. Who will temporarily replace Yahoo Chief Executive Scott Thompson?
106. Which 3 India’s bank and Insurance Company did Credit ratings agency Moody’s downgrade recently?
ICICI bank, HDFC Bank, Axis Bank and Life Insurance Corporation
107. Which automobile maker is planning Rs.1,500 crore plant in Tamil Nadu?
108. Which Chennai-based hospital became the first in India to receive the ‘halal’ certification from the Halal Development Authority?
Global Health City
109. Which company signed a deed with the National Apprenticeship Scheme of Britain to impart software skills training for about 100 youths in Britain?
110. What is the theme of World Economic Forum which is to be held in India between 6th and 8th November 2012?
From Deliberation to Transformation
111. Name the Indian who became the youngest to win Asian Chess Championship.
112. Which Asian country was invited by NATO to Chicago summit 2nd day of which will focus on Afghanistan?
113. Name the child actor who acted in movie ‘Paa’ died in the Nepal plane crash recently.
114. Name the mass segment vehicle launched by Honda targeting Indian market.
115. Who won the top player in the English Premier League’s history?
116. Who won the top manager award for the past 20 years in EPL?
117. Which 3 North Eastern states will have planetarium by 2013?
Nagaland, Manipur and Jorhat in Assam
118. Which state will introduce a bill to protect heritage buildings which are not protected by the Archaeological Survey of India or the state archeological department?
Tamil Nadu (Tamil Nadu Heritage Commission Bill 2012)
119. Which country’s President has been fined $17,000 by its electoral authorities for urging his Facebook followers on polling day to vote for him?
Taiwan (President Ma Ying-jeou)
120. In which Junior Asia Cup tournament did India bag Bronze medal recently?
121. Who will help bring the Olympic flame to Britain along with 5 young Britons as a formal handover ceremony in Athens, London 2012 on 18th May 2012?
122. Which company is planning to open ‘Motherwood Maternity’, ‘A pea in the Pod’ and ‘Destination Maternity’ brands in India?
123. Where in India the first store of ‘Destination Maternity’ is opened by Mahindra Retail?
124. Which town in Odisha touched 45 degree Celsius on 16th May 2012?
Sambalpur, Hirakud, Titilagarh, Jharsuguda and Sonepur
125. Which company was allowed by Indian cabinet to sign a gas purchase agreement with Turkmenistan national oil firm?
GAIL India Ltd.
126. Bharti Airtel tied-up for mobile banking services with which bank recently?
127. Nomura downgraded which company from ‘buy’ to ‘reduce’?
Larsen and Toubro
128. Nomura downgraded which company from ‘buy’ to ‘neutral’?
129. What did Rajya Sabha approve in the Copyright Amendment Bill seeking to remove
Address newer issues related to the digital world and worldwide web
130. Demand for which language in the 8th Schedule of Indian constitution could be accepted soon?
131. Expand LAAR Bill.
Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement Bill
132. Name the Grammy-winning, nicknamed the Queen of Disco who passed away after a battle with cancer.
133. What value of swap facility has RBI set up for SAARC nations?
134. At what value did Facebook IPO open at Nasdaq?
135. Who rang the opening bell remotely of Nasdaq as Facebook made its public debut on 18th May 2012?
Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg
136. Name the NRI who became the first Lord Mayor of Leicester town in UK.
Abdul Razak Osman
137. Name the Indian-American who was elected to Sugar Land City of Texas in US.
138. Death due to which insect is an accident and is covered under accidental death insurance as per the North District Consumer Forum in India?
139. Kerala investor meet was held as a part of build-up towards which event in September 2012?
Emerging Kerala Conclave
140. Which rating agency has downgraded Greek banks ratings from B- to CCC?
Fitch rating agency
141. How many Spanish banks debt ratings have been cut by Moody’s, citing the effects of recession?
16 Spanish banks
142. Name the 73 year old Japanese oldest woman to scale Mt.Everest.
143. Which Mobile E-commerce App was acquired by Facebook recently?
144. What is the name of the new version of Android Operating System called?
Android 5 “Jelly bean”
145. What is the name of new tool launched by yahoo for online advertisers for their data analytics?
146. Who won the Football Champions League 2012 final match against Bayern Munich?
147. Which state Government in the west of India completed 1 year at office?
148. Which state Government in South India completed 1 year at office?
149. Which Indian state is now center of spiritual tourism?
150. Cyber Defence Research Centre came into operation recently in which Indian state?
151. Name the 1st Bangladeshi woman who scaled Mt.Everest.
152. Name the Indian origin British civil servant who was chosen as president of European Bank for Reconstruction and Development.
153. Which country will become biggest IT consumer in Asia-Pacific surpassing Japan?
154. Name the 12 years and 9 months old child prodigy from Bhojpur district in Bihar who created history by cracking IIT-JEE 2012.
Satyam Kumar of Bakhorapur
155. Who won the French MotoGP 2012?
156. One-year of rural posting is made compulsory for which medical course in India?
157. Name the Indian player who won his first ever ATP Challenger singles title 2012.
158. Name the asteroid which could come near to earth on 15 February 2013 leading todisruption of geosynchronous satellites.
159. Name the 12 year old who has lectured at harvard and co-written a book in America.
160. Name the card that would popularise after Chief General Manager D.V.Deshpande forNABARD urged commercial banks to promote it in Bihar.
Kisan Credit Card
161. Name the former Prime Minister who’s 21st death anniversary was observed in India on21st May 2012.
162. Which browser over took Internet Explorer to become top browser in the world?
163. Which country is pressing for global internet governance to the UN committee?
164. As per the Delhi Registration of Marriages Bill 2012, marriage registration is madecompulsory in Delhi within how many days of tying the knot?
60 days. If exceeds, one has to pay a fine of Rs.10,000
165. Which Indian state with over 6 lakh unemployed youths could get an Information andTechnology park?
Jammu and Kashmir
166. Name the tower in Dubai, UAE which is 413.4 metres (1,356 feet) high and has 101 storeys, the world’s tallest residential building.
167. Who won the men’s Rome Masters 2012 for a record 6th time?
168. Which act was passed for Sikh organisations recently?
Anand Marriage Act
169. What is the changed brand name of West Assam Milk Producer’s Cooperative Union Ltd. (Wamul) milk in the market?
170. Name one among the Bee Gees who died recently fighting against cancer.
171. Which city in Rajasthan will be made smoking free?
172. Expand ADaRSH.
Association for Development and Research of Sustainable
173. Expand GRIHA.
Green Rating for Integrated Habitat Assessment
174. Name the former chief minister of Meghalaya who passed away recently.
Flinder Anderson Khonglam
175. Which state Government in India announced a pension of Rs.1,000 per month post retirement and housing scheme for homeless journalists?
176. Name the deputy Prime Minister who quit from Nepal cabinet recently.
177. Expand PAC.
Public Accounts Committee
178. Name the Indian who became the first Prime Minister to visit Myanmar after 25 years.
179. Who won the 66th Santosh Trophy?
Services against Tamil Nadu (3-2)
180. Which company has warned of internet blackout on July 9th 2012?
181. Which company has invested Rs.21,000 crore to setup railway wagon and component factory in West Bengal?
182. Name the tennis player who played his 50th Grand Slam tournament at the French Open 2012.
183. Who won the Monaco Grand Prix 2012?
184. Who won the Chennai Open 2012 at the Indian Squash Academy?
Joshna Chinappa (6th title of her career)
185. Who won the Thomas Cup 2012 title?
186. Which countries recently signed 12 agreements, including a $500 million credit line,border area development and air services?
India and Mayanmar
187. Where in India 3-day international student’s film festival will be held from 1st June2012?
188. Which film of Raj Kapoor has been added to All-Time 100 list of the greatest films made since 1923 by Time magazine?
189. Who has been appointed as commerce secretary in India?
190. Who has been appointed as director general of Jammu and Kashmir police?
191. Which football team has been identified as the world’s most popular football club by a survey carried out by market research agency, Kantar?
192. Expand SFIO.
Serious Fraud Investigation Office
193. Which Northeast state got Software Technology Park recently?
194. Ritesh Idnani was Chief Operating Officer of which BPO company?
1. Who took over as Vice-Chief of Indian Air Force?
Air Marshal D.C. Kumaria
2. Who took charge of command of the Western Air Command (WAC)?
Air Marshal Arup Raha
3. Name the Indian American girl who won the 2012 Scripps National Spelling Bee crown.
4. Name the spacecraft which returned to earth to end historic trip.
5. Global rating agency Fitch downgraded which banks credit rating outlook to negative from stable?
6. Which 2 countries signed a Tax Information Exchange Agreement to promote economic cooperation and joint investment to boost bilateral trade?
India and Bahrain
7. Name the Taiwanese bank which is set to open its 2nd branch in India at Sriperumbudur, Tamil Nadu.
Chinatrust Commercial Bank
8. To save which ailing company, proposal is being made by 2 oil sector PSU’s IOC and MRPL to take charge of running it?
Haldia Petrochemicals Ltd. (HPL)
9. Name the Sikh leader from BJP, who won his 2nd term as MLA from Dasuya in Punjab assembly elections and died recently.
Amarjit Singh Sahi
10. Which country celebrated Queen’s 60 year reign recently?
11. Irish voters recently backed which pact by large majority by exhibiting final memorandum results?
European Union fiscal pact
12. Who won the 73rd PGA Tour Title 2012?
13. Who won the Catalunya MotoGP 2012?
14. Who won the Copenhagen International sand sculpture championship 2012 held in Denmark?
Sudarsan Patnaik for “Save the Ocean” sand sculpture of 20-feet high
15. Name the Australia’s largest beef producer.
Australia Agriculture Co. (AAco)
16. Name the Indian cricketer who took oath as Rajya Sabha MP.
17. Which electronic giant’s stock dipped below 1,000 yen for first time since 1980?
18. Name the oldest American men’s clothier chain Reliance inked pact with to hold 49% stake in it.
19. Which Asian stock market hit 28-year low on 4th June 2012?
20. Name the Pakistan Interior Minister who was suspended for dual nationality.
21. Who won the 21st Sultan Azlan Shah Cup hockey tournament 2012?
22. Which medal did India bag at the 21st Sultan Azlan Shah Cup hockey tournament 2012?
23. What is the importance of June 5th?
World Environment Day
24. Which shrubs are turning into trees as Arctic region warms?
25. Music Academy in Chennai has been granted the status of research centre by which Karnataka-based University?
26. For which summit Russian President Vladimir Putin is in Beijing, China?
Regional Security summit
27. Where did the Boeing Phanton Eye drone made its ground?
Edwards Air Force Base
28. Which scam-hit bank’s license was cancelled by Reserve Bank of India recently?
Madhavpura Mercantile Cooperative Bank (MMCB)
29. Who is named as Navy chief as Admiral Nirmal Verma retires on August 31st 2012?
30. Which country has approved world’s first ‘healthy cola’ for being beneficial to health?
31. Which country marked 23rd anniversary of the military crackdown in Tiananmen Square?
32. Which cricketer was recalled by West Indies Cricket Board into One-day squad after 14 month long stand-off?
33. Name the psychiatrist and balloonist who took off on the world’s first intercontinental flight in solar-powered plane.
34. Name the India’s London bound discus thrower who bagged silver medal at the Post Pre Elite Women’s event at Portland, US.
35. Who was named captain of 18-member Indian hockey team for the 6th Junior Women’s Asia Cup to be held in Thailand from June 27th 2012?
Mid-fielder, Ritu Rani
36. Which planet crossed the sun on 5th June 2012 making one complete orbiter rotation?
37. Name the Wisconsin governor in USA who survived recall.
38. How many gold did India win on 1st day of Commonwealth Weightlifting?
39. Name the author of ‘The Twilight Zone’ who passed away recently.
40. Where in India talking ATM is launched by Union Bank of India?
41. Name the boxer who ended his 19 year boxing career which earned him 5 world titles and 3 weight classes.
42. Which 2 cricketer of India’s World Cup winning squad were conferred with Eklavya award by Gujarat Government recently?
Yusuf Pathan and Munaf Patel
43. Who has been appointed as Chief Election Commissioner to take over S.Y.Quraishi from June 10th 2012?
44. International Olympic Committee has announced to live stream free London Olympic Games on which medium to fans in 64 territories across Asia and Africa including India?
45. Which state’s rice exporters demand abolition of cess on paddy?
46.How many positive list services will be taxed from July 1st 2012?
47. Name the company which has developed a vaccine for dengue.
48. What value is the allocated by Planning Commission for sanitation in the 12th Five Year Plan?
49. Who won the South African Cricketer, Test Cricketer and CSA Fan’s Cricketer of the Year award?
50. Name the writer who has been felicitated with an Assamese Japi.
51. What value of investment proposal did Karnataka get across 14 sectors on the 1st day of 2nd Global Investors Meet (GIM 2012)?
Rs.5 trillion (Rs.5 lakh crore)
52. What rate of interest did European Central Bank retain?
53. Based on which film has Titan’s children watch brand ZOOP launched new watch collection?
Madagascar 3 : Europe’s Most Wanted
54. Who won the mixed doubles title at the French Open 2012?
Mahesh Bhupathi and Sania Mirza
55. Which section of Income Tax Act lets Assesses minor children eligible for separate tax exemption?
Section 54 EC
56. Who is named as CEO of Samsung?
57. Which social bookmarking site unveiled new logo, 6 years since its launch?
58. What value of compensation has Nasdaq offered for clients who were hit by technical problems that arose during the Facebook IPO on May 18th 2012?
59. Which Asian country’s central bank cut its interest rates by 25 basis points, being its first cut since the 2008-09 financial crisis?
60. Who is named as Event Ambassador for 2012 World Twenty20?
61. Name the 250 MW unit thermal power project commissioned by BHEL recently.
Harduaganj thermal power project in Uttar Pradesh
62. Name the Lebanese journalist who headed Arab’s newspaper An-Nahar and died recently.
63. Name the football tournament kick started at Warsaw on 8th June 2012.
UEFA Euro 2012
64. What value of money will be pumped in the market on June 12th 2012 by buying Government securities to ease the liquidity situation by RBI?
65. Quote the reason why RBI recently signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Central Bank of Bahrain?
To promote greater co-operation and sharing of supervisory information between the 2 regulators
67. Which Indian company’s Rs.1,000 IPO in 1977 is now worth Rs.7.7lakh?
Reliance Industries Limited
68. What value of capital infusion was made in Regional Rural Bank’s to improve their capital adequacy and lending capacity to the agriculture sector?
69. Expand FLCC (Hint: Credit).
Financial Literacy and Credit Counselling
70. Expand FLC (Hint: Literacy).
Financial Literacy Centres
71. What is the jobless rate in Greece as of March 2012?
72. What material is used by Israeli scientists to develop strong plastic to replace steel and other materials used in pipelines and machinery?
73. Which 2 models of smartphones launched by Motorola are water-resistant, scratchresistant and dust-proof?
Motorola DEFY XT and DEFY MINI
74. Name the south Indian filmmaker-editor who passed away recently.
75. Where in the world forced marriage is set to become crime?
76. Which 2 disease has been identified as top killers around the world by UNICEF?
Pneumonia and Diarrhea
77. Who was sworn in as cabinet minister in the Vijay Bahuguna Government in Uttarakhand?
Harak Singh Rawat
78. Who won the Dutch MotoGP?
79. Who became the 10th woman in tennis history to win all 4 Grand Slam titles after defeating Italy’s Sara Errani in the French Open 2012?
80. From which country India is set to buy 8 warships?
81. Which country is set to launch manned spacecraft in June 2012?
82. To which Eurogroup the Eurozone finance ministers were willing to respond favourably to the need of 100 billion euros to a bailout request from its troubled banks?
83. How many medals did India bag at the Commonwealth Weightlifting Championships?
45 medals, including 29 gold
84. Where in Chennai first phase of 50 acre ‘Logistics Park’, a facility comprising warehouses and commercial complex has been completed by Shri Kailash Logistics Ltd.?
85. Who won the Thailand Open 2012?
86. Who won the Canadian Grand Prix 2012?
87. What value of bailout did Spain receive recently from European finance ministers?
88. Which housing arm of India launched its first low-cost housing project targeting 366 Tier-II and Tier-III cities and costing between Rs.5.5 lakh and Rs.12 lakh?
Sahara Infrastructure and Housing
89. Name the Ex-industry secretary who is to be appointed as NHAI chief.
90. Name the Indian actor who is set to make hollywood debut with ‘The Lord of the Rings’ producer Barrie Osborne.
91. Who won the French Open 2012 men’s title?
92. Who was presented with Wisden India Outstanding Achievement award?
Sachin Tendulkar for completing a century of 100 international hundreds
93. Who will lead Indian hockey team in Olympics 2012?
94. Which university signed MoU with Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) to establish a Hindi Chair in South China?
Guangdong University of Foreign Studies (GDUFS)
95. Where have scientists discovered the largest ever under-ice bloom of phytoplankton?
Under the Arctic ice
96. USA exempted India from which country’s sanctions?
97. Name the 5-day film festival that is to be organised by Entertainment Society of Goa in collaboration with Directorate of Film Festivals and National Film Archive of India.
Cinema Out of the Box
98. Name the Operating system and mobile Operating system version that Apple announced at the 23rd annual developers conference WWDC (World Wide Developers Conference).
Mountain Lion and iOS6
99. Which Qatar-based bank is expected to start India operations?
100. Which search engine has signed a deal with Encyclopedia Britannica to bring richer content to its search results?
Microsoft search engine Bing
101. Who is appointed as Brand Ambassador of TVS Motor?
102. Which company exported 100 ‘Falcon’ buses to Ghana?
103. Name the SVB Financial Group’s banking unit which is set to open its first international branch in London.
Silicon Valley Bank
104. Which Indian company is set to enter dairy business from 2013?
105. Where does inflation stand as of May 2012?
106. In which movie actor Sridevi is set to make a comeback?
107. Which state Government recently awarded Indian hockey team for qualifying to London Olympics 2012?
108. Which states will ‘Gandhi Peace Bus’ tour, to conclude at Mangalore in July 2012?
Tamil Nadu, Kerala and Karnataka
109. What is the importance of June 14th?
World Blood Donor Day
110. In which year Government of Orissa declared filmmaking as an industry?
111.Which traditional sport of Sikkim is set to get an academy?
112. Name the first Northeast state to have IIIT (Indian Institute of Information Technology).
113. Which global financial services firm has termed Indian economy is facing stagflation?
114. Name the Tagore literary awardees for the different genres of novels, poetry, short stories and drama between 2007-2009.
Sheel Kolambkar for Geera (Konkani)
Jagdish Prasad Mandal for Gaamak Jingi (Maithili)
Akkitham Achyutham Nambudiri for Anthimahakaalam
(Malayalam)N.Kunjamohan Singh for Eina Kenge Kenba Natte (Manipuri)
Indramani Darnal for Krishna Krishna (Nepali) and
Arjan Hasid for Na Ien Na (Sindhi)
Amitav Ghosh for Sea of Poppies (English)
115. Where in Madhya Pradesh first tissue culture lab has been set up and developed 25 lakh saplings mainly of G – 9 variety of banana by a farmer, Subhas Mohan Pandey?
Hamalapur Somvari, near to Betul district
116. Name the former McKinsey chief and Goldman Sachs director who is convicted of insider trading.
117. Name the feature that Facebook is set to launch which will allow advertisers to participate in real-time bidding to show ads on its website.
118. Which country is set to create world’s largest marine park network?
119. Which country expects 5.5% growth in tourist arrivals from India?
120. Name the China’s space mission whose crew included its first woman astronaut, Liu Yang.
121. Which state got India’s 4th Buddhist centre?
122. Who becomes 4th Prime Minister of Greece in 8 months time?
123. Which 2 country’s home ministers are set to meet on yearly basis?
India and Bangladesh
124. Which payment mode a must for public sector banks from July 1st 2012?
125. Who will take on Spain in Euro 2012 finals?
126. What is the importance of June 30th 2012?
The last minute of 30th June 2012 will be 1 second longer and will be known as ‘leap second’
127. What percentage of additional service tax would be levied on all bollywood actors and those perform on television serials?
128. Who took over as the director of ISRO Satellite Centre?
S.K.Shivakumar replaces T.K.Alex
129. T.P.Sudhindra was recently in news, which sport did he play?
130. Name the list of 6 states which will raise 32.8 billion rupees via 10 year loans according to RBI.
Andhra Pradesh, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Punjab and Rajasthan
131. Which agricultural arm would setup over 20 rural gurukuls across Indian states including Jharkhand?
132. Who is appointed as Andhra Pradesh chief secretary?
133. Which state will setup film promotion board to promote its films and culture?
134. Which country is to setup auto component and Engineering Park in Gujarat?
135. Which application of Microsoft is available for educational institutes free of cost?
Microsoft Office 365