AFCAT Air Force Common Admission Test Solved reasoning Questions for practice set of reasoning questions for AFCAT-Current Affairs and General Awareness-2013 January,questions with answers. AFCAT model questions for practice,AFCAT largest collection of solved question papers for learn and practice,AFCAT reasoning aptitude general awareness technical questions for practice,AFCAT NDA,SCRA,CGL,SSC,UPSC,GATE,SSB,RRB,Bank IBPS,IT companies and Non IT companies (PSU Companies) previous years solved question papers with detailed explnations and solutions, Free aptitude preparation courses, Free mock on line test for all competitive, recruitment, Off and On campus, and entrance examinations questions for all International, national and state wise examination, AFCAT tips and trick to crack examination and interview
AFCAT Air Force Common Admission Test -Current and General awareness 2013 January,2012 Objective type questions
1. Scientist in the month of December revealed a planet that could support life, orbits a Sun-like star near the Earth. What is the name of the star around which this planet was found orbiting?
a) Tau Ceti
c) 36 Ophiuchi
d) Gliese 33
2. Which Country won the Junior Table Tennis Championship claiming all the titles?
3. Which team on 15 December 2012 won the 3rd World Cup Kabaddi Tournament for the third consecutive time in the Men’s category and second consecutive time in the Women’s category?
4. NASA developed new next-gen spacesuit called Z-1 Prototype Spacesuit and Portable Life Support System (PLSS) 2.0 for the sophisticated and complex space ventures, which also include Mars mission. Which of the following statement is not true in this context:
a) The spacesuit is crafted out of various hard elements on the fabric. It also becomes flexible after being inflated.
b) There is no need of an airlock for seeking entry or getting exit in and out of this suit.
c) It makes use of the recent technique that includes sublimator which works only in hard vacuum.
d) The spacesuit packs in itself water membrane evaporation cooler which cools the suit through same method like sweating.
Answer: (c) It makes use of the recent technique that includes sublimator which works only in hard vacuum.
5. The gravity mapping satellites of NASA ended the successful mission to Moon by crashing on the rim of crater. What is the name of these gravity mapping satellites of NASA?
a) Voyager 1 and Voyager 2
b) Ebb and Flow
c) Orion and Kepler
d) Dawn and Orion
Answer: (b) Ebb and Flow
6. The Central Zoo Authority of India approved exchanging white tigress from the Delhi Zoo against an animal from the Krasnoyarks Park of flora and fauna, Roev Ruchey in Russia. Which animal was traded in exchange of white tigress?
a) South American Jaguars
Answer: (c) Puma
7. The Baikonur Cosmodrome is the world’s first and largest operational space launch facility. In which country is it located?
Ans. (B) Kazakhstan
8. The International Hockey Federation has decided to allot the next Hockey World Cup in 2010 to India. In which year Hockey World Cup tournament started?
Ans. (A) 1971
9 Who is the current director of Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI)?
A. C. K Raman
B. Ranjit Sinha
C. Abhi Arora
D. Shankar Bhatia
Shri Ranjit Sinha, an IPS officer of 1974 batch (Bihar cadre) today took over as Director of the Central Bureau of Investigation. Prior to joining CBI, he served as DG, ITBP. Shri Sinha had earlier held several important positions in CBI including the post of Joint Director and DIG. He has been associated with the investigations of a number of sensitive and important cases of national and international ramification.
10 What is India’s rank in the Global Competitiveness Index 2012-2013 compiled by the World Economic Forum (WEF)?
India’s ranking declined by three places to 59th position in the Global Competitiveness Index 2012-2013 of the World Economic Forum (WEF), owing to “disappointing performance” in the basic factors underpinning competitiveness. The global list was topped by Switzerland for the fourth consecutive year, followed by Singapore in second position and Finland in third position, which overtook Sweden (4th). Among the top ten competitive countries, the Netherlands was ranked in the 5th place, followed by Germany (6th), the United States (7th) and United Kingdom (8th), Hong Kong (9th) and Japan (10th).
11 Who is the Managing Director and Chief Executive of Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE)
A. Ashishkumar Chauhan
B. Chitra Ramakrishnan
C. Kotta Harnarayanan
D. Madhu Kannan
A. Ashishkumar Chauhan
Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) is Asia’s oldest stock exchange
12 Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) has joined hands with Japan’s largest oil and gas company for development of its Krishna Godavari basin deep-sea block. Which is the Japanese firm that acquired 26 per cent stake in ONGC’s Krishna Godavari basin deep-sea block?
A. Kyushu Corporation
B. Inpex Corporation
C. Nippon Corporation
D. Daichi Corporation
B. Inpex Corporation
ONGC and Inpex have entered into a strategic partnership for exploration of hydrocarbons in one of the acreages in KG Basin. Inpex acquired 26 per cent interest in ONGC’s KG-DWN-2004/6 block. The tie-up comes close on the heels of ONGC’s recent alliances this year with global majors such as U.S.-based ConocoPhillips, China’s CNPC and Colombia’s Ecopetrol SA.
13 What is ‘Viranagana’?
A. A tribal belt in Andhra Pradesh
B. A South Indian folk dance form
C. An all-women commando team of Asom
D. An iron-age musical instrument unearthed in Gujarat
C. An all-women commando team of Asom
Assam police women commando team ‘Viranagana’ has been raised to act against eve teasers. The ‘Virangana’ team have been trained in ‘silent drill’ known only to US marines, in martial arts, bike riding and horse riding along with handling of lethal and non-lethal arms. The women commandos, who will sport a black uniform and violet caps, have been trained to act swiftly against eve- teasers or anyone trying to harm a woman’s modesty.
14 Titan, the world’s fastest supercomputer, was built by which company?
A. Cray Inc.
A. Cray Inc.
The Titan, a Cray XK7 system installed at the Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) in Tennessee, USA has been named the fastest supercomputer in the world. Running on 560,640 processors, including 261,632 Nvidia K20x accelerator cores, Titan achieved 17.59 Petaflop/s The Sequoia, an IBM BlueGene/Q system located in the Department of Energy’s Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in California, is currently the second fastest super computer
15 What is India’s rank in the financial development index 2012 compiled by the World Economic Forum (WEF)?
According to the fifth edition of the World Economic Forum’s Financial Development Report 2012, India has been ranked 40th in the 2012 Index. The report highlighted a poor record in enforcing contracts, low levels of liberalisation, inadequate IT and communications infrastructure and general high costs of doing business. It was ranked quite high in non-banking financial services (9th), but in terms of banking financial services it was placed in the 45th position. The index was topped by Hong Kong for the second consecutive year, followed by the US, the UK, Singapore, Australia, Canada.
• Famous Indian Scientist who was honoured with the Order of Canada Award in December 2012-Venkatesh Mannar
• Career diplomat who on 30 December 2012 had been appointed as Australia’s next High Commissioner to India- Patrick Suckling
• The former captain of England cricket team and renowned commentator who died in Sydney on 29 December 2012 following lung cancer- Tony Greig
• The former member of SEBI (Securities and Exchange Board of India) on 27 December 2012 had been appointed secretary of the Institute of Company Secretaries- MS Sahoo
• Renowned Oriya novelist who on 27 December 2012 selected for the prestigious Jnanpith award for the year 2011 for her contribution to the field of Indian literature- Pratibha Ray
• The Emirati poet and translator who became the first Emirati and Arab to win the Tagore Peace Prize- Shihab Ghanem
• The conservative leader of Japan who was elected as the prime minister of the country by lower house of the Parliament on 26 December 2012- Shinzo Abe
• Former Union Minister of India and Veteran Congress leader who on 25 December 2012 was sworn-in as Chief Minister of Himachal for a record sixth term in Shimla- Virbhadra Singh
• The Justice who in the fourth week of December 2012 took over as the Chairperson of the National Green Tribunal (NGT) – the apex body constituted under The National Green Tribunal Act 2010- Justice Swatanter Kumar
• The most-watched video ever on Youtube which booked a place in popular culture with becoming Collins dictionary’s word for November 2012- Gangnam Style
• The Italian Prime Minister who on 21 December 2012 resigned after 13 months in office with handing over his resignation to President Giorgio Napolitano after parliament gave final approval to the 2013 budget law- Mario Mont
• The air-to-air interceptor missile which on 21 December 2012 was test launched from interim test range (ITR) at Chandipur in Odisha- Astra
• The legendary hockey player who is also India’s triple Olympic Gold Medallist died after a prolonged illness on 20 December 2012- Leslie Claudius
• The person who on 20 December 2012 awarded with the Best Administrator in India Award instituted by K. Karunakaran Foundation- P. Chidambaram
• The person who on 18 December 2012 appointed as the new chief of Border Security Force (BSF)- Subhash Joshi
• Bollywood Actor who on 13 December 2012 awarded with the prestigious BrandLaureate Legendary Award in Malaysia- Shah Rukh Khan
• The Indian banker and business executive who on 15 December 2012 took over as President of FICCI, becoming the first woman to head the leading industry body- Naina Lal Kidwai
• The Justice who on 14 December 2012-took over as the new Chief Justice of Calcutta High Court – Arun Kumar Mishra
• The inventor of bar code, which revolutionalised retail in 70s, died at 91 on 8 December 2012 at New Jersey- Norman Woodland
• Famous Bollywood actress and Bharatanatyam exponent who had been selected for the prestigious Bharat Muni Samman of year 2012 for her outstanding contribution to the field of art and culture- Hema Malini
• The first chief minister of Uttarakhand, and the BJP Party leader who passed away on 12 December 2012- Nityanand Swami
• Renowned Indian sitarist who passed away in San Diego city of California on 11 December 2012- Pandit Ravi Shankar
• The organization to which, the Nobel Peace Prize 2012 was awarded on 10 December 2012 at Oslo, Norway- European Union
• The city at which the 2nd meeting of the Working Mechanism for Consultation and Coordination on India-China Border Affairs was held on 29-30 November, 2012- New Delhi
• The film which was given two National Tourism Awards by the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India on 8 December 2012 recognizing the impact it has had in promoting India as a tourism destination- Life of Pi
• The strongest ever tropical cyclone which hit Philippines in the first week of December 2012- Typhoon Bopha
• The tax expert who was appointed by the Union government of India, as the adviser to finance minister P Chidambaram- Parthasarathi Shome
• The rank at which India Stands out of 176 countries in Transparency International’s 2012 Corruption Perception Index (CPI) released on 5 December 2012- 94th
• IPS officer of 1974-batch Bihar cadre on 3 December 2012 acquired the office as new CBI director-Ranjit Sinha
• The former NBC Universal chief who was named president of CNN Worldwide on 29 November 2012- Jeff Zucker