AFCAT Air Force Common Admission Test Solved reasoning Questions for practice set of reasoning questions for AFCAT, AFCAT model questions for practice, AFCAT largest collection of solved question papers for learn and practice, AFCAT reasoning aptitude general awareness technical questions for practice, AFCAT NDA, SCRA, CGL, SSC, UPSC, GATE, SSB, RRB, Bank IBPS,IT companies and Non IT companies (PSU Companies) previous years solved question papers with detailed explanations and solutions, Free aptitude preparation courses, Free mock on line test for all competitive, recruitment, Off and On campus, and entrance examinations questions for all International, national and state wise examination, AFCAT tips and trick to crack examination and interview
AFCAT Air Force Common Admission Test
1. Out of the following which centre is making use of enriched Uranium?
(a) Tarapur Nuclear Energy Centre
(b) Kalpakkam Nuclear Energy Centre
(c) Narora Nuclear Energy Centre
(d) Ravat Bhata Nuclear Energy Centre
2. Shobha Gurtu is a—
(d) Phalke Award Winner
3. Dhyan Chand was Indian Captain in Berlin World cup Hockey Test in the year—
4. Where is the largest Railway platform in the world?
(b) Liver pool
5. ‘Nunamati’ is famous for—
(a) mines of raw iron
(b) mines of coal
(c) oil refinery
(d) mines of mica
6. Energy is measured in the same unit as-—
7 The largest gland in human body is— (a) endocrine
(d) none of these
8. The universal donor is—
9. The capital of of Chattisgarh is— (a) Raipur
10. Sphygmomanometer measures—
(a) blood pressure
(b) ocean depth
(c) magnetic field
(d) electric current
11. Who among the following holds the office during the pleasure of the President of India?
(a) Judges of Supreme Court (b) Election Commissioner
(d) Speaker of Lok Sabha
12. The author of the book ‘Interpreter of Maladies’ is—
(a) Jhumpa Lahiri
(b) Arundhati Roy
(c) Vikram Seth
(d) Geeta Mehta
13. Which among the following is a ‘Morning Raga’?
(a) Sohini (b) Bhairavi
14. ‘Guernica’ is a famous painting of—
(a) Leonardo da Vinci
(d) None of these
15. ‘Last Supper’ is a world famous painting of—
(a) Paul Gauguin
(b) Leonardo da Vinci (c) Raphael
(d) None of these
16. ‘Bhogali Bihu’ is a festival of—
17. The capital of Andaman & Nicobar is—
(a) Car Nicobar
(b) Port Blair (c) Katchtibu
(d) None of these
18. What does the term Dactology mean?
(a) Study of finger prints for identification
(b) Study of physically handicapped persons
(c) System of new words
(d) None of these
19. Aizawl is the capital of—
(c) Mizoram (d) None of these
20. The term ‘Third World’ is related to—
(a) Asian countries
(b) Oil producing countries
(c) Developed countries
(d) Developing countries
21. Which of the following is a bulwark of personal freedom?
(b) Habeas Corpus
(c) Quó’Warranto (d) Certiorari
22. The anode in a dry cell consists of—
23. In which country ‘Greenwich’ is situated?
24. Which of the following types of lens is used in a camera?
(d) Uniform. thickness
25. Sound waves are—
(c) partially longitudinal and partially transverse
(d) sometimes longitudinal sometimes transverse
26. After walking 6 km, I turned right and covered a distance of 2 km, then turned left and covered a distance of 10 km. In the end, I was moving towards the north. From which direction did I start my
27. In a certain code language EDITION is written as IDETNOI. How will the word MEDICAL be written in that code language?
28. Find the odd one—
(a) Shelley (b) Keats
29 In a row of boys Ganesh is 12th from the left and Rajan is 15th from the right. When they interchange their positions Rajan becomes 20th from the right. How many boys are there in the row?
30. There are four roads. You are coming from South and want to go to the temp1e The road to your left leads away from coffee house. The front straight road leads to the college only. In which direction is the
Directions (Q. 31—32): In each of the following questions a related pair of words is given. Find the most suitable pair of related words from among the four alternatives.
31. Satellite : Planetary path
(a) Missile : Projectile Path (b) Arrow : Plunge
(c) Bullet : Pipe
(d) Elevator : Axle
32. Brittle: Break:
(a) Glass : Break
(b) Sharp : Scratch
(c) Tree : Wind
(d) Elastic : Bend
33. Fill in the missing letter in the following series— S,V,Y,B,?
34. Fill in the missing letter in the following series—
A, Z, C, X, E?
Directions (Q. 35—39): Read the following information and answer the questions. There are six flats on a floor in two rows facing north and south allotted to six persons P, Q, R, S, T and U. The position of their flats is as follows—
(i) Q’s flat faces the north and is not next to S.
(ii) S and U have occupied diagonally opposite flats.
(iii) R next to U occupied a flat facing the south and T gets a flat which faces the north.
35. Whose flat is between Q and S?
36. The flats of which pair other than of SU is diagonally opposite to each other?
37. If the flats of T and P are interchanged, who’s flat will be next to that of U?
(a) S (b) R
(d) Q or S
38. After interchanging the flats of T and P, who stays between T and U in the same block?
39. If the flats are not interchanged between T and P, who occupies the flat between Q and S?
40. In a map south-east has be shown as north, north-east has been shown as west and so on. In this map what will west represent?
41. In an imaginary system 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, are represented by z, y, x, w, v, u, t, s, r, q respectively. In such a system 23 *4 *5 will be written as (* indicates symbol of multiplication)
42. Anand is related to Vinod and Cinderella. Deepa is Cinderella’s mother. Also Deepa is Vinod’s sister and Ela is Vinod’s sister. How is Ela related to Cinderella?
43 The letters of English alphabet are numbered from 26 to 1. The assigned numbers are used to write he letters of the original alphabet so that 26 stands for A, 25 stands for B and so on. Using this sequence, answer the following question. Which of the following sequence denotes a valid word?
44. In certain code language the word NUMERICAL is written as LMUIREACN. How will the word PUBLISHED be written in that language?
45. If Dog is called Cat, Cat is called Lion, Lion is called Ox, Ox is called Cock, Cock is called Elephant, and Elephant is called Donkey, then farmer ploughs with which animal?
46 In a colony, each of the 20% families have two TV sets, 30% of the rest families have three TV sets. Each of the remaining families has one TV set. Which of the following statement is true’?
(A) 80% families have at least one TV set
(B) 50% families have two TV sets
(C) 56% families have one TV set
(D) 30% families have three TV sets
48 Arrange the following words according to dictionary—
(A) 2, 1, 3, 4, 5
(B) 2, 3, 4, 1, 5
(C) 3, 2, 4, 5, 1
(D) 3, 4, 2, 1, 5
49. If S — T means ‘5’ is the wife of ‘T’, S + T means ‘S’ is the daughter of ‘T’ and S ÷ T means ‘S’ is the son of ‘T’. What will M + J + K means?
(A) ‘K’ is the father of ‘M’
(B) ‘M’ is the grand-daughter of ‘K’
(C) ‘J’ is wife of ‘K’
(D) ‘K’ and ‘M’ are brothers
50. S x T means ‘S’ is brother of ‘T’ and S + T means ‘S’ is father of ‘T’, which of the following shows ‘0’ is the cousin of ‘R’ ?
(A) R x T + O
(B) R + T x O
(C) R x O x T
(D) None of these
51. If ‘P + Q’ means P is the husband of Q, P ÷ Q means ‘P’ is the sister of Q, and ‘P x Q’ means ‘P’ is son of Q, which of the following shows ‘A’ is daughter of ‘B’ ?
(A) A ÷ D x B
(B) D x B + C ÷A
(C) B ÷ C x A
(D) C x B ÷A
52. In a class of 50 students, 36 students study Mathematics and 28 study Biology. The number of students studying both Mathematics and Biology will be—
53. If a man writes ‘QDGFHS’ for ‘TIGHER’, then in this way what will be write for MONKEY’?
54. What is necessary for a nursing home?
55. If 854 = 12, 467 = 38, then 683 =?
56. In a code if Se ker he = hot good tea Pek cha ker = good thunder pure Nep cha he = fresh pure tea Then in the same code how ‘thunder tea’ will be written?
(A) Pek he
(B) Cha he
(C) Pek ker
(D) Cha ker
57. A clock shows nine-half when seen in the mirror. What is the actual time?
58. A boy used in a picture Blue colour for Red, Red for Yellow, Yellow for Green and Green for Blue. What will be the colour of leaves?
59. Which one of the given responses would be a meaningful order of the following?
(A) 4, 3, 1, 2, 5
(B) 4, 2, 5, 1, 3
(C) 4, 3, 2, 1, 5
(D) 4, 2, 1,3, 5
60 If ‘+‘ means ‘x’, ‘—‘ means ‘÷‘, ‘x’ means f—’, and ‘÷‘ means ‘+‘, then what is the value of— 9 + 8 ÷ 8 – 4 x 9
61. If ‘P’ means ‘+‘, ‘Q’ means ‘—‘, ‘R means ‘x’ and ‘S’ means ‘÷‘ which of the following equation is not correct?
(A) 1 R 5 = 16 Q 15 P 4
(B) 14 P S 10 = 7 R 2 Q 12
(C) 11 R 10 S 10 = 16 P 2 Q 7
(D) 3 Q 9 P 6 = 8 R 3 Q 24
62. In an examination if a student looses mark for the wrong answer and gets 1 mark for the correct answer. If he got 30 marks for solving54 questions, then how many questions were correct?
63. The word formed in same sequence with the letter of the word ‘INFOMATION’ is—
(A) NATION –
64. Choose the correct number from the options?
015 : 00015: : 103:?
65. Which one of the following will be seen same in the mirror?
66. What is the angle between the two hands of clock when it is 7 : 30?
67 Ashok starts to walk from the point P. He went 10 km towards North and 6 km toward South. After this he went 3 km towards East. How far is he now from P?
(A) 4 km
(B) 5 km
(C) 7 km
(D) 3 km
68. Complete the following series after choosing the correct option—c b a a – b a – a c c – a a b b a a a –c b a
69. If it was Friday on 15th Aug. 2003, which day of the week will be on 15th Aug. 2005?
70. In the following sequence there are how many such ‘6’ which are preceded by 8 and followed by 3?
7 8 6 3 2 7 1 8 6 8 9 8 6 1 8 6 3 1 8