INFOSYS PAPER ON 14th JULY AT BANGALORE
Infosys visited PESIT on July 14th 2008 and I got thru…
1) Infy is offering 3.25lakh p.a.
2) Infy has a bond for 1 yr.its just a service bond(no need to deposit any money)
3) The training is at Mysore
4) If you are not selected then you cannot write for Infy for a period of 9 months
ELIGIBILITY it is 65% in 10th, 12th n BE(one current backlog allowed) with a 5% relaxation in any one…
STEP 1: PPT
The PPT is for abt 90 min..Go through the company website on the day before…collect all the relevant details and make a note…it will be much easier for u to follow the PPT..Make a note of the HR’s name..Be prepared to answer questions like “Why Infosys?” or “What do u knw abt Infosys?” in the HR round…
STEP 2 FILLING OF THE APPLICATION FORM
You will have to fill an application form…make sure u fill it accurately…Take 2 recent passport size photographs (imp)
The form will include the following details …
1)Personal details Like name, address, phone no etc
2) Family details Like name n occupation of parents..
3) Educational background Like marks, university, month n yr of passing.. U will have to include all languages, pracs, and optionals in the total And avg is calculated as Total marks obtained in all sems/total max marks
4) Other details like Vision: It is 6/6 for normal vision Major Illness + date: write NA if not applicable References of people working at Infosys : if any You get 15 min to fill the application form
STEP 3: TEST OF ARITHMETIC REASONING AND ANALYTICAL THINKING
U can refer VERBAL AND NON-VERBAL REASONING book by R.S. AGARWAL..It is more than enough..also no need to do everthing in that book..just do these topics
1.PUZZLES,2.DATA SUFFICENCY,3.PICTURES SERIES COMPLETION/OR SELECTING ODD PICTURE OUT OF 5 4.SYLLOGISMS(V.EASY..IT SAVED ME)..
We had 5 sections each with 5 divisions
1) Had 1 Puzzle based on direction sense…was easy but lenghty,so i attempted at the end.it had 5 sub divisions Something like… P,Q,R and S are standing at the 4 corners of a square…n/w ,n/e,s/w n s/e respectively… N something like…If P and R move one and a half distance in the clockwise direction…Q and S one n a half in the anticlockwise direction then in which direction is P with respect to S…something like tat All the sub questions were based on the similar pattern
2) Figure Completion…v simple…people may think how it can be so easy,and they tend find something complicated in that.but the fact is it is v simple 5 figures in a series were given n we had to find the ODD figure..five same kind of questions.. like out of five geometrical shapes 4 were divided into 4 equal parts,but one of them was having 5 parts.. thats it also like a rectangle shifting by angle 45 in a circle in every figure..but there was a tiny circle besides that rectangle(ppl may think it is a printing mistake,and dont give it importance),but tht tiny circle was missing in one of the diagram..so tht was odd figure..similar kind of silly questions were there.
3) Data Sufficiency….easy A question was given followed by 2 statements We had to mark
1) If the first statement alone was enough to answer the question
2) If the second statement alone was enough to answer the question
3) If the both the statements were required to answer the question
4) If the question cld not be answered using both the statements
5) If either statement alone was sufficient to answer the question
A little practice (specially in problems related to maths equations,ages,relations,comparison) from RS Aggarwal Verbal n Non Verbal will help u alot.5 such questions were given
4) ANOTHER PUZZLE KIND OF QUESTION. It was damn easy…it was like MR. natwarlal,a thief..steals only on the first day of every month of first quarter of year(that means on 1st jan,1st feb,1st march)..this time he wanted a computer..so he steals different parts from different persons. but he has only 3 tools to use.like a screwdriver,wirecutter,knife.AND uses them only once.he steals monitor,keyboard and printer..in jan he steals monitor from A,but do not uses the wirecutter..next month he uses KNIFE to steal printer..and march was unlucky for C..
AND QUESTIONS WERE LIKE
1.WHICH TOOL HE USES FOR STEALING MONITOR.(ans: screwdriver)
2.which component was stolen from c(ans:keybboard)
3.which month was unlucky for B( ans:feb,as A,C were robbed in jan and march) (REST TWO i dont remember)
6)Syllogism In this section abt 4 statements were given in each questions(like all,some,not)
It was more like..
1. A) ALL BIRDS ARE CATS
B) SOME CATS ARE CRAZY
C) SOME DOGS ARE BIRDS
D) BIRDS ARE CRAZY
Which of these FORM pair so that the conclusion can be derived from them
1)ab 2) bc 3)cd 4)ad
JUST REFER THESE TYPES OF QUESTIONS IN RS AGARWAL,(VERBAL NON VERBAL ONE)in logical part first chapter,syllogisms
You get 2 comprehensions both were quite simple…but do the comprehensions at the end..read the questions FIRST briefly …then read the comprehension with proper concentration, understanding each statement…u can easily answer the questions 5 in each..AS THEY are lenghty attempt them at the end..it will consume a lot of time..
10 Sentence Completions 4 statements almost the same but with some difference..mark the one which is grammatically correct..look for spelling mistakes..grammar errors etc… 5 questions based on choose the best option to replace the underlined part..
Simple paragraphs were given n questions were asked like which of these statements can be inferred from the para, which is false according to the para etc…5 small paragraphs and we have to choose what conclusion we can derive from them,4 options will be given and we have to choose the most suitable..
A PERSON WITH AVG. KNOWLEDGE OF ENGLISH GRAMMER CAN DO IT EASILY..JUST REFER YOUR ANY HIGH SCHOOL GRAMMER BOOK.
STEP 5: HR INTERVIEW
In the HR round u are basically asked abt ur self, ur r�sum�. There are no tech questions asked n even if asked it will be very basic stuff… They also ask puzzles…u need not solve them..they only look at ur approach..
The questions I was asked..
1) Tell me abt ur self
2)being a electronics student WHY u want job in software indutsry
3)WHY I HAVE NOT DONE ANY PROJECT???????????????
4)and they asked abt my hobbies,my achievements,extra curricular activities(so mention everything properly in ur resume,they will ask questions based on what all youu hav written in ur resume)
They hardly eliminated people in the HR..it is enough if u speak confidently..yes B confident,and dont try to bluff them..and dont try to memorise any answer..they will find out..even u have memorized,atleast pretend to think when u answer.
Getting thru Infy is not tough at all…If ur good with ur Apti n have a good command over English its enough..