3) Mental Ability
They will give us one answer sheet. But after every section they will collect the question paper back
There may/may not be negative marking
Verbal: (20 Questions 15 Minutes)
1-10 questions of the type
Rose is _______ beautiful flower.
Options: a, an, the, none
11-16 Reading comprehension… on computer protection and security
17-20 Reading comprehension on Databases (Actually you don’t need to read the passage you will be able to answer without reading it— its so trivial)
Analytical: ( 30 questions 30 minutes)
21. Sheela is 16th from first. 29th from last in a test. 6 boys did not come. 3 failed what is the strength of the class 22-26 problems on sets.. eg 15 speak Tamil 25 speak Tamil and Hindi out of 53 people how many speak Tamil alone. etc( Do not remember exact figures)
27-32 Problems on sets eg 54 boys play cricket.61play football,66 play tennis. 24 play all three, 32 play football and cricket, 15 play foot ball and tennis. How many players played only cricket, football, tennis same kind of problem on white ,green and yellow kites
33-37 Typical annals question( u find in RS Agarwals)
6 movies need to be screened in a movie festival. The slots are 9.30,10.30,1 3.30 5.30, 7
A can screen in afternoon or morning B cannot screen before C nobody else can screen when D is screening..( similar conditions.. Watch out we all ran out of time trying to attempt this question)
38-40 Question on cube. A cube is painted with three colours namely Red, yellow ,green its [anted in such a way that colors are on the adjacent sides are not same. The cube is cut into 27 small cubes. How many cubes with one color, two color, three color etc
41-45 One question and Two statements would be given Mark A if statement 1 alone is enough to get the answer. B if statement 2 alone is enough, C if statement 1 and 2 are necessary. D if answer cannot be arrived at
is p positive.
46-50 Question on cube.. 16 cubes are kept on top of which 4 cubes r kept at the centre , on top of that 2 cubes are kept and on top of that one cube is kept. It is painted from top to bottom. How many cubes with 1,2,3,4, 0,sides painted.
Mental Ability (15 questions 25 minutes)
51-53 Questions on pattern matching. Like mark A if first and third are identical, B if second and third are identical, C if first and second are identical D if they are different.
54-59 Questions of the form if +is – and – is * . * is / and / is + then find 12/3*5-2+5
60-62 A set of conditions for admissions of a school student is given like he should be in top 20 in the entrance test or should have sports excellence etc.. and questions of different cases are given and we need to find if the candidate can be admitted or not.
63-65 Similar questions for recruitment of cook. He should be 25 yrs of age with 3 yrs experience if he has lesser exp. he should meet the head cook . if he is below 25 yrs he should meet the manager and questions on various cases.
Technical (C and DS) :
66. Of the following select a code to print a singly link list in a reverse order.
67. select a code to print elements of a dequeue
a-=b– – –c;
printf (a, b, c);
69. Find a declaration of ADT of a polynomial.
70. Select code that shows DFS of a graph
71. Select the statement that appropriately fills the DFS algorithm
72. File *fp1,*fp2;
and operations using these two file pointers . and 4 options based on that
73. int *px;
} while( i<10 && *px<900);
int x= a*50;
And four options about value of *px also has options on error conditions
74. Some question on strings.4 codes given and we need to select an appropriate code.
75. I think code for printing an array
Time Duration of the Interview: 45 Minutes
Step 1: We were asked to write a 100 word write-up on ” Your greatest strength (s) that would help Verizon”.
We were asked to take the write-up with us when we go to the interview..
Step 2: Actual interview
The interviewing team introduced themselves.( there were two people – One person was asking technical questions and other person was asking HR questions) Both were asking questions alternating.
They went through my write-up, and the HR person asked me an hypothetical situation
” Assume you are working on a bidding . You quote a price after lot of analysis. At the last moment your boss says that you should quote a lower price. what will you do”
he kept asking subsequent questions to corner me and was focused on making me accept that I did not have the quality that i mentioned in the write-up.
Technical person asked me what I was comfortable with C, C++ or Java. I told Java.
- What is inheritance?
- What is a constructor?
- Can a constructor be private?
- Can we OVERRIDE a constructor?
- Are there pointers in java?
- Why is there no pointers in java?
- Identify classes…for bus, car, cycle tricycle?
The HR person took over and asked
- Instances where I have exhibited my leadership qualities?
- How do I motivate my team members?
- What is my biggest achievement in life so far?
- What is my biggest failure and what I learnt from it?
The Technical person saw my Area of interest to be ” DBMS” and started asking on
- What are different types of databases
- Difference between RDBMS and File based databases
- Even in RDBMS the data is stored as files , so why go for it
- Three layered architecture
- Can you change physical design
- Write a simple employee and dept table
- Then he asked me to retrieve all employees working in MCA dept( i wrote a nested sub query)
- What is the advantage of nested sub query. will it improve or reduce the performance
The HR person took over and
- He saw that I have won prize in Marketing in Login and asked me what the event was and asked me how we won the event.
- What I have learnt in college or what the college has taught me apart from subjects
The technical person asked me what other subjects I have learnt so far in curricular and he interrupted me when I said “Software quality Management”
- What is quality
- What is quality management
- Difference between software engineering and SQM
The HR person took over and asked me one last question
- I just want to know why you are wearing a tie.